Microsoft Scholarship Opportunity Announced for Computer Engineering Majors
Microsoft Scholarship Award – Accepting Applications Now.
For selected eligible Computer Engineering Majors
The University of the District of Columbia (UDC) Foundation and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering announces the Microsoft Scholarship award commencing academic year 2021-2022. The grant is funded by Microsoft Corporation to build capacity in Cyber Security and Computer Engineering.
- Students must be enrolled as either a freshman or sophomore in the UDC Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering program.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or higher.
- Selected recipients will receive a $4,500 scholarship award to be disbursed over a period of four (4) semesters (fall and spring).
- The UDC Foundation will notify the Office of Student Accounts of the awards, which will be credited directly to the recipients’ accounts for tuition and fees.
- The gradual disbursement of scholarship funds to the Office of Student Accounts for the selected recipients will be contingent upon completion of specific activities as listed below.
Selected Recipients Must Successfully:
- Computer Engineering majors must complete one of the following courses:
- IoT Security
- CPS Security
- Participate in the Mobile Development and Cyber Security Workshops and present a satisfactory report of engagement.
- Participate in the Cyber Security Hackathon Challenge and present a satisfactory report of engagement.
How to Apply:
- Submit the UDC General and Merit-Based Scholarships Application, which can be downloaded from the UDC website under the Office of Financial Aid/Enrollment Services, http://docs.udc.edu/scholarships/General-and-Merit-Based-Scholarship-Application-2019.pdf
- Submit Resume
- Submit high school transcript and/or university transcript for current and transfer students.
- Submit Personal Statement highlighting an interest in the BS in Computer/Cyber Security or BS in Computer Engineering degree program.
- Send materials to Dr. Wagdy Mahmoud at email@example.com
- Friday, August 23, 2021
Electrical and Computer Engineering Home Page
Faculty & Staff in ECE Department
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering with a Specialization in Electrical Engineering
ELEC Electrical Course Descriptions