BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CYBERSECURITY
Applications are now accepted for BS in Cybersecurity
Microsoft Scholarship Program for Cybersecurity and Computer Engineering Majors
PROGRAM OF STUDY
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity prepares students to meet the cybersecurity needs in business, government, healthcare, education, and society. Students who graduate with the degree will possess skills and knowledge in cybersecurity to acquire appropriate entry-level cybersecurity professional positions, and to grow into leadership positions or pursue research or graduate studies in the field. The cybersecurity degree program provides breadth through fundamental courses in the science of cybersecurity, the practice of cybersecurity, and the social impacts of cybersecurity. Enrolled students will achieve depth through courses in the areas: network security and management; application and system security; reverse engineering and malware analysis; threat intelligence and incident response techniques; digital forensics; cyber law and ethical hacking; cybersecurity risk management and audit; and cryptography.
Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
- Identify, assess, and manage cybersecurity risks across the organization.
- Integrate regulations and compliance requirements with cybersecurity strategies.
- Apply current technical tools and methodologies to secure systems.
- Measure and assess risk management practices and policies for an enterprise network.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems.
Prof. Briana Wellman
Building 42, Room 1136-A1
Cybersecurity Program Director
Dr. Anteneh Girma
Building 42, Room 112-G
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering with a Specialization in Computer Science