Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
PROGRAM OF STUDY
Program Enrollment & Graduation Data
|BS in Computer Science|
|Enrollment||Fall 2016||Fall 2017||Fall 2018||Fall 2019||Fall 2020||Fall 2021|
|Degrees Awarded||July 2015- June 2016||July 2016 – June 2017||July 2017 – June 2018||July 2018 – June 2019||July 2019 – June 2020||July 2020 – June 2021|
ABET Accreditation Information
Program Educational Objectives
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation.
Our graduates will
- be proficient in the field of computer science by demonstrating success in professional careers and/or graduate studies.
- grow professionally by acquiring new skills in computing and adapting to new technologies, tools, and methodologies to provide innovative solutions to computing problems.
- practice as responsible professionals who are mindful of ethical issues and societal needs that are inherent in the computing field.
CSIT Department’s programs enable students to achieve, by the time of graduation:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
The computer science program (BSCS) is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) of ABET, Inc. (http://www.abet.org).
Prof. Briana Wellman
Building 42, Room 1136-A1
Undergraduate Program Director
Dr. Dong Hyun Jeong
Building 42, Room 113B