Accelerate Your Career with UDC and the Amazon Career Choice Program
The University of the District of Columbia (UDC) has partnered with Amazon to offer the Amazon Career Choice program. This education benefit empowers Amazon employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. As an Amazon Career Choice School Partner, UDC’s associate and bachelor’s degree programs will be available to Amazon employees, helping meet individual learners where they are on their education journey through education and upskilling opportunities.
Amazon Career Choice Benefits
- Advance your career with Amazon Career Choice.
- Tuition, books and fees are pre-paid by Amazon.
- Limitless learning, with no limit to the number of years you can utilize the benefit as long as you’re employed by Amazon.
- Fast starts, with eligible Amazon employees able to participate in Career Choice after only 90 days of employment.
EARN AN ASSOCIATE DEGREE
UDC offers over 23 associate degree programs encompassing a wide range of education levels and interests.
EARN A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
With 34 bachelor’s degree programs available, UDC has a variety of options to explore across four Schools and Colleges.
Amazon Employees: Learn While You Earn in Just Three Easy Steps
Explore Your Degree Options
UDC offers more than 50 undergraduate degree programs.
Apply to UDC
Begin and complete your UDC application. Once admitted to the University, enroll in your classes.
You may contact the Admission Office with question or for assistance at any point during the process by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202.274.5941.
Enroll and Submit Your Voucher
After you have successfully enrolled in your classes, use the link below or visit amazoncareerchoice.com to submit a payment request. The request will be sent to UDC to confirm course-level details, and either approve or deny the request. If approved, Amazon pays the UDC directly.
Amazon Career Choice Program Data
- In the U.S., Amazon is investing $1.2 billion to upskill more than 300,000 employees by 2025 to help move them into higher-paying, in-demand jobs.
- Amazon’s Career Choice program works with numerous education providers across the U.S., which includes colleges and universities, partners providing industry certifications, English language proficiency, and high school completion programs.
- Amazon’s Career Choice program launched in 2012.
- Career Choice is now live in 14 countries (Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, and U.S.) and works with over 300 educational providers globally.
- More than 80,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since inception (more than 60,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are the Career Choice program’s most popular fields of study globally.
- More than half of Amazon Career Choice participants identify as Black, Hispanic or Native American.
- Amazon has more than 140 on-site Career Choice classrooms in FCs globally.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice partner network deliver on Amazon’s commitment to provide hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources, and continuous improvements to the student experience.
For questions, please email the Chief Academic Office at CAO@udc.edu or call 202.274.5072
Interested applicants may also visit amazoncareerchoice.com to find information on the Career Choice program through the help and FAQs/Program Guidelines sections.