Office of Military and Veteran Student Services
The University of the District of Columbia (UDC) is proud to be the only public Service Members Opportunity College (S.O.C.) in the nation’s Capital. Our commitment to supporting our military is well-aligned with our mission to develop and support public service leaders.
Whether you are continuing your education or just getting started; currently serving on active duty; a reservist; a national guardsman; a veteran or a family member; we have the programs to help you complete your personal mission of achieving your education goals.
No college can match our experience and dedication in educating active-duty troops, reservists, national guard members, veterans, and military family members.
We understand the military and the challenges of transitioning to civilian life. Our dedicated admissions counselors, experienced military leadership, and military-trusted faculty are here to serve you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to:
(1) Continue serving the community in a new way,
(2) Help transform UDC into a model “veteran friendly” experience, and
(3) Earn income as an AmeriCorp VISTA volunteer posted to UDC?
TO LEARN MORE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
9/11 Remembrance – Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Back to School Barbecue- Thursday, September 13, 2018
In The Know- TBA
Veteran’s Day Observance Program- Thursday, November 8, 2018
Ed2Go programs are not approved for VA Educational Benefits. Please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs at 1.888.442.4551 for additional information concerning the non-approval of Ed2Go programs. Veteran Students are welcome to pursue the many certificate and degree programs available through the University of the District of Columbia and are welcome to visit the campus for more information. All approved program are listed on the WEAMS report, click the link for more details http://inquiry.vba.va.gov/weamspub/searchInst.do#content-area.
- A personalized workspace called My Dashboard that provides quick access to eBenefits tools. Using eBenefits tools, you can complete various tasks. You can apply for benefits, download your DD 214, view your benefits status, in addition to other actions as needed. This workspace is available to you once you have created an eBenefits account
- A catalog of links to other sites that provide information about military and Veteran benefits