School Closings / Delays
Don’t forget to sign up for LiveSafe to receive emergency notices immediately on your cell phone and or email.
UDC Closing TODAY (1/07/20) @ 2pm (all campuses)
Afternoon and evening activities are cancelled.
Due to the forecast for inclement weather, the University of the District of Columbia will close at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 7. Registration and other activities scheduled for today are also cancelled at all UDC campus locations.
Registration will resume tomorrow (Wednesday) from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Classes are scheduled to begin on Thursday, January 9.
Please use good judgment and travel safely.
For the latest weather-related updates and other important University information, please download the LiveSafe app:
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather that forces the university to alter its hours of operation, we will communicate that information to you in four different ways:
- We will send out an alert via LiveSafe App. Please click here to download the app.
- We will post updates on Facebook, Twitter and the front page of www.udc.edu immediately;
- We will send a blast email to everyone in the university, via their UDC email address;
- We will update the greeting on the main telephone number 202.274.5000;
- And we will alert local media.
In the event of a weather-related closing, essential personnel are to contact their supervisors.
Please call our office at 202.274.5050 if you have any questions.
Office of External Affairs
Main Office Contact
Director of Communications
John Gordon, Jr.
202.274.5998 (o) | 202.697.1310 (c)