ACI Chapter Competes in Concrete Solutions Competition
UDC-American Concrete Institute Student Chapter participated in the competition for Concrete Solutions Competition organized by American Concrete Institute (ACI).
The Concrete Solutions Competition is student competition that was hosted in Sunday, October 25, during the ACI 2020 Virtual National Convention. The student team demonstrated how their use of concrete could impact the world at large. The UDC student team proposed an innovative business model that offers 3D printing as a service for the concrete industry.
ACI Chapter Advisor is Dr. Lei Wang, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, and the team is comprised of Civil Engineering and Computer Science students:
- Richmond Calapano
- Iris Hernandez
- Skarleth Vasquez
- Andrae Harris
- Marcel Gahouma
- Natalie Gallo
- Mubarek Abdela
This competition is the first ACI-wide competition the student chapter participated in since it is established in the school year of 2019-2020. The UDC team placed 11th in the competition.
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is a non-profit technical society and standards developing organization founded in 1904 and is one of the world’s leading authorities on concrete technology.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Scholarship and Grants
- Research Opportunities
- Internships – Jobs – Assistantships HANDSHAKE
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Transfer to UDC
- NASA-MIRO: Center for Advanced Manufacturing in Space Technology & Applied Research at UDC (CAM-STAR)
- Center for Biomechanical & Rehabilitation Engineering (CBRE)
- Center for Nanotechnology Research and Education (CNRE)
- SEAS Research Center
- NIST-Professional Research Experience Program (PREP)
- Additive Manufacturing Post Processing Partnership (AMP3) Consortium