University of the District of Columbia
202.274.6099 (UDC) | firstname.lastname@example.org
University of the District of Columbia Community College
202.274.6760 (CC) | email@example.com
The VRAP program is available at UDC. The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) GI Bill offers up to 12 months of Montgomery GI Bill benefits for older unemployed veterans. Click tab below (right hand side of page) to see how you qualify
All students seeking to receive VA Educational Benefits; must complete a UDC VA Education Enrollment Form
PLEASE CONTACT UDC VETERAN AFFAIRS OFFICE ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGBILITY WHICH IS THE OFFICIAL APPROVAL FOR THE PROGRAM
The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) GI Bill offers up to 12 months of Montgomery GI Bill benefits for older unemployed veterans. Unemployed veterans between the age of 35 and 60 may apply for education benefits worth as much as $17,600 ($1473 a month). This new GI Bill program was created as a part of the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
To be eligible for the VRAP GI Bill you must:
- Be at least 35 but no more than 60 years old.
- Be unemployed (as determined by DoL).
- Not have a dishonorable discharge.
- Not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program.
- Not be drawing VA compensation due to unemployability.
- Not be enrolled in a federal or state job training program.
Here's what you should know about the new VRAP before you apply:
- This benefit can only be used to earn an Associate Degree, Non-College Degree, or a Certificate, and train the you for a high demand occupation
- According to the VA, the program should begin processing VRAP benefits on July 1, 2012.
- This new benefit will be limited to 45K vets in FY2012 and 54K from October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
- Once you have completed the VRAP education program, the Dept. of Labor will provide employment assistance.
- VRAP will provide training for programs of education that lead to a high demand occupation, as determined by the Department of Labor. Click here to see a listing of high demand occupations. http://benefits.va.gov/vow/docs/VRAP_High_Demand.pdf
- VRAP Applications Are Open
- We are accepting VRAP applications now. Please visit eBenefits to apply. Remember, to complete the application, you will need to know your direct deposit information (bank routing number and account number), the name and location of your school, the program you wish to pursue, and the applicable high demand occupation.
**Visit http://benefits.va.gov/vow/education.htm for more information**