Scholarship Universe…the new Scholarship Matching Tool is here!
The University of the District of Columbia’s Office of Financial Aid is pleased to announce the launch of Scholarship Universe (SU).
Everything about finding and applying to scholarship opportunities – both internal and external– has just gotten easier for UDC Firebirds with SU. The University of the District of Columbia is introducing a new easy, mobile, personalized process that makes finding and applying for scholarships much easier. It’s an easier process because you don’t search for scholarships…SU matches you to scholarship opportunities based on the questions you answer in your profile. The more questions you answer, the more matches you make.
SU allows currently enrolled and admitted Firebirds who have a valid UDC Username and Password to access the SU portal. This online scholarship platform matches Firebirds to vetted external scholarship opportunities ensuring that the scholarship opportunity is both reliable and valid.
Scholarship Universe will allow you to do the following:
- Answer questions and match to scholarship opportunities
- Easily apply online to multiple scholarship opportunities through the SU portal
- View scholarship metrics to determine your chances of receiving a scholarship
- See the effort required to apply for a scholarship
- Be alerted when you are matched to a new scholarship opportunity
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
How do I log in to Scholarship Universe?
- Click the following link Scholarship Universe
- Enter your UDC Username and Password
- Answer student profile questions
- Once you have answered the profile questions, you may begin applying for scholarships.
Interested in Having your Organization’s Scholarship Added to our Database?
Thank you for your interest in offering your organization’s scholarship to the students of the University of the District of Columbia (UDC). Each scholarship that is offered to UDC students must go through the ScholarshipUniverse extensive vetting process. This process assures our students they are applying for legitimate scholarships.
To submit your scholarship for vetting, please click the following Vet Your Scholarship and follow the online instructions. Once the scholarship has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Once the review process is complete, you will receive a follow-up email informing of the vetting results.
Where to send External Scholarship Checks
All external scholarship checks for students should be mailed to the following address:
University of the District of Columbia
Office of Financial Aid
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Bldg. 39, Suite A-133
Washington, DC 20008
Please make checks payable only to the University of the District of Columbia. Checks made co-payable to the University of the District of Columbia and the student will be returned as District Government prevents the processing of co-payable checks.
Please include the following information with the check:
- Student’s Name
- UDC Student ID Number
- Instructions on how funds are to be awarded (i.e., fall only, spring only, etc.)
- Fund restrictions (i.e., to be used for tuition only, tuition and fees, the total cost of attendance, if funds are refundable after designated charges have been satisfied).
- Scholarship funds will first pay the student’s outstanding UDC charges. After the student’s current charges are covered, any resulting credit balance will be refunded to the student by the Office of Student Accounts.
Billing and Invoicing
The Office of Financial Aid does not bill or invoice donors for scholarship payments. If an invoice or bill is required for payment, the student may obtain an account statement from their MyUdc portal or they may contact the Office of Student Accounts (StudentAccounts@udc.edu).
Verification of Enrollment
If a donor requires verification of enrollment, the request must be made through the Office of the Registrar.