Office of Contracting and Procurement
The Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP) acts as the supply chain management arm of the university by procuring quality, cost-effective goods and services for the university community. The office is dedicated to providing ethical, customer-oriented service and implementing best practices in every procurement.
OCP is committed to providing the university with the goods and services needed, whenever and wherever a need may arise.
Specifically, OSSP supports the university by:
- Addressing all contracting and procurement needs
- Ensuring that best practices are implemented in all procurement activities
- Taking action to ensure equal opportunity in university contracting
- Seeking new products on request
- Arranging for demonstrations of products
- Preparing RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, IFBs
- Preparing and executing contracts
- Awarding purchase orders to vendors in accordance with university and District of Columbia requirements
- Maintaining purchasing and contracting records
- Overseeing procurement audits
- Supporting District recycling, waste reduction, and green programs
- Supporting the District’s CBE (Small Business development) program
All contractors/consultants/vendors do NOT send invoices via USPS mail (“paper mail”) but instead submit those to your CA’s UDC email.