Testimonial from Brandon Schweitzer, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Accounting, UDC-CC

Brandon Schweitzer, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Accounting, (UDC-CC)

Brandon Schweitzer, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Accounting
UDC Community College

“Participating in the QM rubric workshop course has significantly impacted my approach to course design within the realm of accounting. The workshop provided invaluable insights into the Quality Matters (QM) rubric, fostering a deeper understanding of the essential elements contributing to a high-quality online learning experience.

One key aspect that I integrated into my course design is the emphasis on clear learning objectives. The QM rubric highlighted the importance of explicitly stating learning outcomes and aligning them with assessments and activities. This has proven instrumental in enhancing the clarity of my accounting courses, ensuring that students have a well-defined roadmap for their learning journey.

Additionally, the workshop underscored the significance of learner engagement and interaction. Integrating various interactive elements like discussion forums and collaborative assignments has created a more dynamic and participatory learning environment. This enhances student engagement and fosters a sense of community among learners.

Furthermore, the QM rubric’s emphasis on accessibility has prompted me to review and enhance the accessibility features of my course materials, making accounting concepts more inclusive for diverse learners. The QM rubric workshop has been a transformative experience, shaping my course design philosophy by instilling a commitment to clarity, engagement, and accessibility in accounting education.”

CAL Logo with transparent background

Location     |    Bldg. 4250 Connecticut Avenue (Bldg 71) 6F

Email          |    calhelpdesk@udc.edu

Walk-in / Virtual Office Hours Click here

Consultation Request Form

Youtube Logo Image