Yolandra Plummer, Ph.D.

Yolandra Plummer, Ph.D.

Yolandra Plummer, Ph.D.

Professor, SBPA

As I reflect on my experience with the Quality Matters official course review process, the revisions improved my course alignment and helped me to improve communication with students. The greatest enhancement for my course was ensuring that the assessments, learning activities and rubrics were clearly aligned with the module learning objectives. The Seventh edition of the Quality Matters rubric places greater emphasis on courses being warm and welcoming. This replaces the rubric’s previous emphasis on being “professional” to students. This was especially important to me as I have always attempted to include culturally inclusive instructions, materials, images and other resources designed to support the learning needs of diverse learners.

The course also guided me in modifying course materials to be more compliant with accessibility standards. I did not always agree with the Course Reviewers recommendations. Overall, it was a win-win for me, the School of Business and Public Administration (SBPA) and the University of the District of Columbia. This is the first Quality Matters certified course for SBPA.

CAL Logo with transparent background

Location     |    Bldg. 4250 Connecticut Avenue (Bldg 71) 6F

Email          |    calhelpdesk@udc.edu

Walk-in / Virtual Office Hours Click here

Consultation Request Form

Youtube Logo Image