Smartboard for Boosting Engagement and Accessible Learning

EdTech Corner

Alexandra Taraboletti, Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Chemistry College Arts and Sciences (CAS)

Alexandra Taraboletti, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Chemistry
College Arts and Sciences (CAS)

“Integrating the Smartboard into my chemistry courses has significantly enhanced the way I teach and how my students engage with the material. Its dual-hosting feature allows me to create a more inclusive learning environment by capturing lectures and classroom participation for later review. This has been especially valuable for students who missed a class—they’re able to view the recording. Beyond the ease of connectivity, the Smartboard also enhances the teaching experience itself. Gone are the days of squinting at tiny projector screens; now, my slides and presentations are on a large, interactive display – with the ability to write directly on the slides. Whether it’s annotating a complex protein structure or sketching out a synthetic pathway, the Smartboard allows for a dynamic, interactive educational experience that’s both engaging and accessible. Overall, the Smartboard in my classroom has added a new layer of interactivity and accessibility to my teaching, enriching both the educational experience and student engagement.”

EdTech Corner Submissions:

Share with your best practices with the UDC Community and how you leverage EdTech in your teaching to increase learning outcomes.

Submit to EdTech Corner  

CAL Logo with transparent background

Location     |    Bldg. 4250 Connecticut Avenue (Bldg 71) 6F

Email          |    calhelpdesk@udc.edu

Walk-in / Virtual Office Hours Click here

Consultation Request Form

Youtube Logo Image