UDCNAS Committee Announces the 2021 Election Results
The election has ended, and the tally has been completed. Alumni of the University of the District of Columbia and its legacy institutions cast paper and electronic ballots for all officer positions. On Monday, September 20, 2021, Trustee Errol R. Schwartz, Chair of the UDC National Alumni Society (UDCNAS) Committee, presented the UDCNAS Election results. It is with tremendous pleasure that UDC Alumni Affairs shares the election results.
UDC National Alumni Society 2021-2025 Officers:
- President: Bernard M. Grayson, Jr.,2 received 70 votes.
- Vice President At-Large: Donna E. Davis received 72 votes.
- Regional Vice President: Calvin L. Rice received 110 votes.
- Treasurer: Frank Jenkins, EdD, received 87 votes.
- Financial Secretary: There is a tie of the write-in candidates.
- Corresponding Secretary: Elizabeth Hall received 106 votes.
- Recording Secretary: There is a tie of the write-in candidates.
- Sergeant-at-Arms: Joyce Lynn NeSmith Nixon received 109 votes.
Officers will serve a four-year term that begins October 1, 2021. Per UDCNAS 2002 By-Laws, President Bernard Grayson will settle the matter regarding the tie votes for the Financial and Recording Secretary.
Thank you, Alumni, for your participation in UDCNAS Election 2021, and congratulations to our newly elected officers!
Established in 2002, UDCNAS works in conjunction with the Office of Alumni Affairs to preserve UDC’s rich history, engage alumni in meaningful activities, and support the University’s mission and strategic goals.
Please utilize the links below to become a member today!
Membership will end on June 30, 2022. Afterward, you will have an opportunity to renew as a Regular Member or Lifetime Member.