Greek Life Organizations
The following organizations are currently a recognized charter organization on the university campus:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Omicron Omicron Chapter
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. – Beta Lambda Chapter
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. – Beta Kappa Chapter
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. – Omicron Gamma Chapter
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. – Beta Iota Chapter
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. – Gamma Lambda Chapter
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Kappa Alpha Chapter
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. – Beta Chapter
- Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. – Theta Chapter*National Pan Hellenic Council (NPHC)
National Pan Hellenic Council (NPHC) – All active Greek Sororities and Fraternities must be represented on the University Pan Hellenic Council.
Students in the organization must be currently enrolled at the Van Ness campus (4-year).
Members must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average and be in good standing with the university. *Please be advised that student members are required to adhere to all eligibility criteria determined by Greek-Letter Organization.
Each organization must have an advisor approved by the Office of Student Life and Services (advisor must be an employee of the University). Greek-letter organizations are required to have a campus and graduate advisor.
Each organization must at the beginning of each semester provide to the Office of Student Life and Services:
- A membership roster (students’ names, UDC student ID numbers, telephone numbers, addresses and email addresses)
- Officers’ roster (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer)
- Advisors’ (Campus and Graduate) contact information
- Recent copy of the organization’s constitution/by-laws, if amended
- Current copy of certificate of liability insurance (see Office of Student Life and Services for additional information)
Completed registration forms should be submitted to the Office of Student Life and Services. A status letter will be sent to organization.
For all requirements regarding greek life at UDC please refer to the UDC Student Handbook.
If an organization is in “inactive” status for one academic year or less and would like to reactivate organization, a completed Greek-Life Stimulus Plan should be submitted to the Office of Student Life and Services, Student Center, Suite 130A. A copy of the Greek Life Stimulus Plan may be obtained from the Office of Student Life and Services, Student Center, Suite 126. After review of submitted Greek Life Stimulus Plan, a status letter will be sent to organization.
Greek Life Directory
|Name of Chapter
|Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
|Omicron Omicron Chapter
|Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
|Beta Lambda Chapter
|Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
|Beta Kappa Chapter
|Joseph Pinkney & Timothy Hatchett
|Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
|Omicron Gamma Chapter
|Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
|Beta Iota Chapter
|Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
|Gamma Lambda Chapter
|Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
|Kappa Alpha Chapter
|Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
|Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.