Academic Advising Center
The Academic Advising Center provides academic support services and resources to four-year baccalaureate students and beyond. Our office directly oversees the Academic Advising Center and runs multiple Student-Centered programs, as well as spearheads University-wide retention and enrichment initiatives. Through integrated programming, we work to ensure that students have consistent, timely access to the tools necessary for academic success.
The Office of Academic Advisement and Retention is here to help you navigate the University!
Some of services and resources that we provide include:
- advisement in general education and graduation requirements
- guidance in major selection and referrals to academic departments
- information on and referrals to campus offices and student support services
- assistance in understanding and navigating academic probationary status
- resources on how to improve your study skills—such as time management tools, test-taking strategies, and note-taking tips
- opportunities to meet and interact with other students
We serve FOUR-YEAR BACCALAUREATE students at UDC that are:
- first-time entering transfers
- first-year or second-year students on academic probation
We also serve:
- special admit students
- non degree seeking students