My Fellow UDC Firebirds,
On behalf of the Academic Advising & Support Center, I am delighted to welcome you to the University of the District of Columbia. Our goal is to ensure the academic success of freshmen, sophomores, and transfer students by assisting with educational planning and decision-making consistent with personal interests, values, and goals. We understand that college is a time of tremendous growth, adjustment, and change and will encourage you to participate in the many programs and opportunities offered by the University.
Through individual and group meetings with your assigned academic advisor, we will assist you with:
- Knowledge of curricular requirements for your degree,
- Knowledge of student information system use (Banner, Blackboard, & CollegeScope)
- Knowledge of relevant academic policies and procedures,
- Participation in academic support services and campus involvement opportunities, and
- Understanding challenging academic work as a means of achieving personal goals and impacting the community.
It is the University’s expectation that you remain in frequent contact with your academic advisor about your progress and consider the partnership a primary resource for your academic success. At UDC, we take student success seriously.
If you ever have questions, please visit Academic Advising Center in Room 112 in Building 39 or call 202.274.6899. We are always happy to address your concerns.