Undergraduate Student Government Association
The mission of the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA) is to provide a centralized organization which functions with the University administration, faculty, and staff for the development, coordination, and representation of the undergraduate student body to promote the best interests of all students at the university.
President – Ajeune Lynch
Vice-President – Tony Fitzgerald
Secretary – TBA
Treasurer – Jasmine Jackson
Purpose of the USGA shall be:
- To provide a centralized organization which functions with the University administration, faculty, and staff for the development, coordination, and representation of the undergraduate student body to promote the best interests of all students at the University.
- To establish an elective and appointive process for student representation, in accordance with the provisions of this Charter.
- To advise the Vice President of Student Affairs of the needs and interests of the undergraduate student body and to work to assure capable student representation in all campus and University organizations and committees dealing with the needs and interests of students.
- To maintain channels of communication on University policies between undergraduate students and the administration.
- To participate in the establishment and allocation of student activity fees for the support of undergraduate student activity programs through a budget approved by the Student Activity Fee Allocation & Utilization Committee.
- To sponsor activities that enhance the intellectual, cultural, political, and social development of the undergraduate student community.
- To advocate the advancement and well-being of the undergraduate student community.
- To serve as a learning opportunity through which undergraduate students can acquire and apply technical and functional skills in the democratic process of student self-governance.
- To recommend student organizations for charter by the Board of Trustees in accordance with rules established by the Board of Trustees.