Welcome to the Office of Student Outreach and Leadership Development!
The Office of Student Outreach and Leadership Development (S.O.L.D.) assists prospective and current students by introducing them to information, processes and resources that will increase their awareness of the college experience, inform them of educational options, and provide steps to help them reach their educational goals. Leadership development refers to any activity that enhances the quality of leadership within an individual or organization.
The mission of the S.O.L.D. office is to provide support and enrichment opportunities for students at the University of the District of Columbia (UDC). We are committed to help students survive and thrive by increasing their engagement on and off campus, fostering their academic success, and creating a supportive social environment. We promote student leadership development through student initiated outreach and retention projects, and serve as a bridge between the information, resources, and services that contribute to their success.
- Promote and support to student initiated outreach and retention projects
- Foster student leadership development and empowerment
- Increase student engagement on and off campus
- Address the educational access and retention needs of underrepresented and underserved students
Students and advisors partner to meet essential learning outcomes, ensure academic success, and outline steps to achieve of personal, academic, and career goals.
To accomplish our goals, we provide:
- Student Involvement/Volunteer Opportunities
- Student Center Activities
- Scholar Programming
- Leadership Development