Role of the Student Center: The college union advances a sense of community, unifying the institution by embracing the diversity of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. We bolster the educational mission of the institution and the development of students as lifelong learners by delivering an array of cultural, educational, social, and recreational programs, services, and facilities.
By any form or name, we serve as the heart of the campus community and create a welcoming environment by:
- Operating as a student-centered organization that engages in shared decision making and holistic development through employment and involvement.
- Advocating for inclusivity and equity, fostering respect, and affirming the identities of all individuals.
- Educating students in leadership and social responsibility and offering firsthand experiences in global citizenship.
- Providing gathering spaces to encourage formal and informal community interactions that build meaningful relationships.
Traditionally considered the living room, the college union enhances the student experience and cultivates an enduring connection to the institution.
The mission of the UDC Student Center is to build a strong sense of community and to promote student learning and development by offering a wide variety of high-quality services, well-managed facilities, and engaging programs.
The vision of the UDC Student Center is to be a hub of student life and be among the nation’s premier student centers in facilities, student development opportunities, and services for the campus community. The UDC Student Center seeks to attain standards of excellence in all areas of endeavor.
- To deliver high-quality services responsive to the evolving needs of the campus and community.
- To provide and maintain a safe, accessible, and welcoming environment for diverse populations.
- To offer and support programs, activities, and employment opportunities that develop and prepare students for future success and is sensitive to the needs and exceed the expectations of our diverse community.
- To be the center of campus student activities and will actively promote school spirit and pride, out-of-class learning experiences and diverse programming efforts in partnership with others.
Student Center Hours
- Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, the U.D.C. Student Center will be closed until further notice. We will provide updates as soon as they are available.
- The Student Center Virtual Information Desk will begin operation again on August 31, 2020 from 8 am – 6 pm, Mondays – Fridays.
- If you have any questions about campus space reservations, cancellations, etc., please refer to the Space Reservation and Event Management website or email email@example.com for further assistance.