- Faculty Senate Meeting today Tuesday November 12, 2019 – Law School Moot Court Room Building 52- Room 518 2:00-4:0 0 P.M.
- Faculty Senate Call for Proposals on Retention –http://bit.ly/facultyretention Application Deadine December 16, 2019
- Faculty Senate Retention Conference- February 14, 2020
Faculty Senate Call for Proposals 2019
Data reported by the Office of Admissions over the past two years has demonstrated a significant decrease in student enrollment related to student retention. This call for proposals, issued by the Faculty Senate, is designed to increase faculty scholarship by providing an opportunity for all faculty to present research-based strategies from relevant data-based media for increasing faculty and student retention.
This call for conference proposals is open to faculty from all disciplines and is intended to demonstrate the commitment and innovativeness of the faculty to the growth and academic success of the University’s students. If you would like, you can present your work at the Faculty Senate Retention Conference:
Faculty Senate Retention Conference: February 14, 2020 8:30-3:30PM
Student Center- Individual and Panel Presentations
Heritage Hall- Poster and Media Presentations
All proposals must be submitted online using the form available at http://bit.ly/facultyretention To review instructions and see the complete form before submitting, visit this link:
Preferred phone number:
Conference Proposal Criteria and Guidelines
I. Proposals must focus on research related to the retention of faculty or students
A.Reviews of research literature or UDC data
- Literature review should focus explicitly on best practice retention strategies for HBCUs
- Literature should have been published within last 10 years (2009-2019)
- Literature should be research-based
- Proposal for conference presentation must include
- Literature review title
Welcome to UDC’s Faculty Senate. The Faculty Senate is dedicated to providing a forum for faculty, administration, students, and staff to collaborate and share views on academic matters. Through engaging dialogue, the Faculty Senate ensures that the needs of each stakeholder group is heard and receives fair consideration. To ensure communication to all groups, all business will be posted on the Faculty Senate Website, including:
- Charter and Bylaws
- Schedule of Meetings, Agendas and Minutes
- Committee Reports and Senate Letters
- Course Proposal Guidelines
- Program Proposal Guidelines
- Awards for Faculty Senate Chairs
The Faculty Senate encourage all members of the university community to use this information to get involved, make suggestions to senators, and attend senate meetings.
This page will be updated regularly, so please check back for new developments.
Meeting Dates: Every 2nd Tuesday, 2 - 4 p.m.
Meeting Location: Bldg. 44, Board Rm., A03
Contact: Arlene King-Berry
This page will be updated regularly, so please check back periodically to follow the workings of the Faculty Senate.