For selected eligible Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering Majors
The University of the District of Columbia (UDC) Foundation and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering announce the Microsoft Scholarship award commencing academic year 2021-2022. The grant is funded by Microsoft Corporation to build capacity in Cybersecurity and Computer Engineering.
- Students must be enrolled as either a freshman or sophomore in the UDC Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering program.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or higher.
- Selected recipients will receive a $4,500 scholarship award to be disbursed over a period of four (4) semesters (fall and spring).
- The UDC Foundation will notify the Office of Student Accounts of the awards, which will be credited directly to the recipients’ accounts for tuition and fees.
- The gradual disbursement of scholarship funds to the Office of Student Accounts for the selected recipients will be contingent upon completion of specific activities as listed below.
Selected Recipients Must Successfully:
- Recipients must enroll in and satisfactorily complete one of the following courses:
- IoT Security
- CPS Security
- Participate in the Mobile Development and Cyber Security Workshops and present a satisfactory report of engagement.
- Participate in the Cyber Security Hackathon Challenge and present a satisfactory report of engagement.
How to Apply:
- Submit the UDC General and Merit-Based Scholarships Application, which can be downloaded from the UDC website under the Office of Financial Aid/Enrollment Services, http://docs.udc.edu/scholarships/General-and-Merit-Based-Scholarship-Application-2019.pdf
- Submit Resume
- Submit high school transcript and/or university transcript for current and transfer students.
- Submit Personal Statement highlighting your interest in the Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Send materials to Dr. Sasan Haghani, email@example.com
- One week prior to the start of classes for the Fall and Spring term.