Dr. Pawan Tyagi
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Molecular spintronics for quantum property-based computer technology
- Nanotechnology enabled Additive manufacturing and postprocessing
- Renewable energy harvesting with spin photovoltaic cells and solar thermal air heaters
- Nanosensors for biochemical and electromagnetic energy detection
- Student presentation based effective Teaching (SPET)
- Application of Positive Intelligence in higher education and parenting
Johns Hopkins University, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Postdoctoral scholar, (2008-2010)
University of Kentucky, Materials Sci.and Eng., Ph.D. (2005-2008)
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), Materials Sci.and Eng., M.S. (2000-2002)
Industrial Training at MIDHANI, India, Metal & Alloys Manufacturing, Trainee (1998-1999)
Indian Institute of Technology Rookee (IITR), Materials Sci.and Eng., B.S. (1994-1998)
- BEYA STEM Innovator Award 2020, BEYA Global Conference, 14, Feb 2020, Washington DC.
- Federal Grants Awards: $10 Million (as PI) and additional $11 M as co-PI at UDC
- 47 Peer-reviewed publications, 530 citations, Research Gate score 26.47.
- Four consecutive School of Engineering Awards 2012-2016 for Excellence in Research
- Nine consecutive outstanding ratings in 2012-2020 yearly faculty evaluation at UDC.
- Summa cum laude (4 GPA) in graduate school at University of Kentucky (2002-2008)
- 17th National rank (3rd South Zone rank) in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE), India.
Pawan Tyagi, Ph.D.
4200 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008
Bldg 42, Room 213-E
Office Ph: (202) 274-6601
Personnel webpage: https://www.proknowledge.co/
Professional Profiles: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1kc4f_0AAAAJ&hl=en
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pawan-tyagi-61374914/
News & Social Media