STEM Business Focused
Logistics & International Trade (LIT) Analytics Concentration
LIT Analytics Concentration (Curriculum)
Total of 4 courses needed – Open to all majors across all UDC schools and colleges
Global Logistics Stream:
- BGMT 313 – Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Required)
ELECTIVES (ANY THREE)
International Trade (Select any three):
- MKTG 308 – International Marketing
- MKTG 404 – Marketing Research
- FINA 318 – International Finance
- BGMT 311 – Spreadsheet Analytics
- BGMT 308 – Entrepreneurship
- BGMT 407 – Multinational Corporate Management
- BGMT 395 – Study Abroad in United Kingdom (Nottingham Trent University)
- MATH 381 – Probability and Statistics
- MECH 406 – Engineering Economics
Summer study abroad (Open to both LIT Concentration + Sustainable Fintech-Cleantech Certficiate
Nottingham, United Kingdom – JULY 2023 – Talk to us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit multinational, local businesses and universities. Study at Nottingham Trent University, NOTTINGHAM, UK to learn more about the global challenges relating to sustainable development goals within leading industries.
The world today can be characterized by constant change – Globalization
Today, many firms are realizing the need for a more strategic and international focus, and the LIT concentration is an excellent way to accomplish this! Firms are looking for qualified students with the right business understanding, especially in logistics and international trade. Therefore the demand for this major continues to increase.
Why LIT Analytics?
Compared to other Universities in DC Metropolitan Area, UDC is the only school that offers Logistics and International Trade (LIT) Analytics program in the School of Business and Public Administration.
LIT is STEM-Business focused – Open to all SBPA and SEAS majors.
First of its kind program in the District of Columbia & Metropolitan Area, offering students an advantage and competitive edge within the job market.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in occupations related to global logistics and international trade analytics is projected to grow by more than 20% from 2020 to 2030; however, STEM-Business concepts are rarely offered in traditional engineering and business curricula.
This program seeks to produce a future-oriented skilled workforce in the area of LIT. The United States business LIT sector costs are estimated at $1.494 Trillion or 7.7% of Nominal GDP, supporting 37% of all jobs, employing 44 million people, requiring STEM-business skills for innovation potential.
Steps for adding/registering for the LIT concentration by prospective LIT students:
- Please email the registrar office for procuring the ‘Change of Major‘ form for adding LITconcentration (email address: email@example.com) with cc to Dr. Anshu Arora (firstname.lastname@example.org). The verbiage of email can be:
I wish to request for the ‘Change of Major’ form for adding the LIT concentration. My LIT Advisor is Dr. Anshu Arora and she is cc’ed here (email@example.com). Thank you.
- Once the ‘Change of Major’ form is received from the registrar’s office – complete the details electronically– fill in your N#, put LIT advisor’s name (Dr. Anshu Arora), Name of your department chair, and sign the document electronically.
- Thereafter, your form will reach Dr. Anshu Aroraand the department chair for electronic signatures.
- Once all signatures are received, each party will receive the final copy. You will be added tothe LIT Concentration!
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Howard University
- HBCU-China Connection
- SAP SE, Germany
- The Lab @ DC
- UDC Community College
- DC Public & Charter Schools
CENTER RESEARCH FOCUS
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Social Media, Technology & Management
- International Business & Trade
- Artificial Intelligence, Social Robotics, and Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- Entrepreneurship & Sustainability
- Marketing & Advertising
For more information, contact:
Anshu Arora, PhD, PMP
(Director – LIT Analytics Center) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Amit Arora, PhD, SCOR® certified
Alex Tan, PhD
Pradeep Behera, PhD, PE
Feng Xu, PhD
Julius Anyu, PhD
Sergey Ivanov, PhD
Monday through Thursday
LIT Analytics Center – Room 219