Transcript/Duplicate Degree Request Process
Requesting Official Transcripts
Requests for official University of the District of Columbia (UDC) transcripts are processed through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), a trusted source for secure delivery of postsecondary and secondary student credentials. This service allows you to request, track, and verify the delivery of your official transcript 24/7 without calling or coming to campus.
How to Order (please read carefully):
Academic transcripts reflect ALL levels of course work completed at UDC, including Workforce Development (WDLL), UDC Community College, certificate course work, all other undergraduate coursework, graduate course work, and UDC David A. Clarke School of Law (UDC-DCSL).
- Students who attended UDC after 1985 may order an official transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse or through myUDC by going to Banner Student Self Service > Official Transcript Request.
- Students who attended UDC prior to 1985 (including DC Teacher’s College, Washington Technical Institute, and Federal City College) may order an official transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse or mail a request form with check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia. Electronic transcripts are generally not available.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT STUDENTS: Students who completed WDLL courses, please contact WDLL directly at 202.274.7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org to order your official transcript. Do not proceed to the NSC transcript request site.
- DAVID A. CLARKE SCHOOL OF LAW STUDENTS: Students who attended UDC-DCSL, please visit UDC-DCSL’s Transcript Requests web page to receive your official UDC-DCSL transcript. Do not proceed to the NSC transcript request site.
- Students who completed UDC-DCSL and UDC undergraduate/graduate level coursework:
- Select Mail as the delivery option when ordering from the NSC transcript request site; and
- Email your NSC order number to email@example.com and request to have only your UDC undergraduate/graduate level coursework processed.
Payment Method & Costs:
You can pay for your transcript order with any major credit or debit card. Your card will not be charged until we have sent your transcript(s). However, if you are using a debit card, your bank may put a hold on your funds when we pre-authorize your payment. If you have questions about the pre-authorization, please contact your bank. Please note, the official transcript fee is non-refundable once the request has been submitted.
- Electronic Transcripts – $8.50
- Paper Transcripts – $7.50
Order updates will be sent to you via email, and via text messages if you select this option. You can also track your transcript order online.
Processing Time and Delivery:
Electronic transcript requests are processed within the hour if there are no holds preventing release of the transcript.
Paper transcripts are requested through NSC and processed by the Office of the Registrar in the order they are received. Normal processing time is 2 to 3 business days. However, requests received during peak periods or for individuals who attended prior to 1985 may take 5 to 7 business days.
If you have a hold on your student record the university will not process your transcript request until it has been resolved. The following are possible holds and contact information for resolving them:
- RH (Registrar’s Hold): Office of the Registrar, 202.274.6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CT (Consortium Hold): Visiting consortium students do not receive transcripts from UDC. Please see your home school Registrar’s Office.
- WO (Write Off Hold): Student Accounts, 202.274.5168 or email@example.com.
- SA (Student Accounts Hold): Student Accounts, 202.274.5168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may obtain unofficial transcripts for free via myUDC by going to Banner Student Self Service > Unofficial Transcript. The Office of the Registrar does not issue unofficial transcripts.
To receive help retrieving your electronic PDF or to ask a question, click the transcript ordering help link at the bottom of this page, contact Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 or email email@example.com.
Should you have any additional questions please contact the Office of the Registrar at 202.274.6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Duplicate Degree
A request by mail or walk-in – request must include the requestor’s name as it appeared on the original degree, current address, major, degree earned, date of graduation, and a day-time telephone number. The replacement fee is $50.00 payable by check or money order if mailing. You may pay by cash, personal check, or credit card in the University’s Cashier’s Office if you submit a walk-in request.
University of the District of Columbia
Office of the University Registrar
Building 39, Suite A-135
4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Office of the Registrar
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
Bldg 39 A-Level, Rm 135
P | 202.274.6200
E | URegistrar@udc.edu