Masters in Business Administration (MBA): The UDC Edge
UDC offers an affordable, accredited MBA degree option in the heart of the nation’s capitol. A diverse community and a low student-to-faculty ratio guarantees a rich and personalized experience.
As a land-grant institution, UDC’s mission of service to the District of Columbia community infuses all aspects of campus life, which makes for a rich and fulfilling academic experience.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
There’s employment, and then there’s leadership. Beyond that, there’s leadership that effects real change. That’s where the University of the District of Columbia’s MBA program resides. We blend a core of business fundamentals with an emphasis on sustainability, entrepreneurship and globalization, creating a corps of leaders ready to change the world.
Whether you’re fresh out of college or are mid-career and looking to advance, we can prepare you for a future of productive leadership in the private, public or nonprofit sectors.
Student Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative reasoning, problem solving models and justifications to business situations.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use technology in research to add value to presentations including professional reports.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply core business principles in business decision making and business analysis.
- Students will demonstrate effective leadership and collaborative skills for making decisions and accomplishing goals.
- Students will analyze the ethical implications of business decisions.
- School of Business and Public Administration
- School of Business and Public Administration – MBA
- Learn more about applying for admission to the MBA program
- Overview of the MBA program
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (BBA)
- Apply for a scholarship in the School of Business and Public Administration
Curriculum and Requirements in the MBA Program:
The MBA is earned after the completion of a program consisting of 48 semester credits. Thirty-six credits are devoted to the core, which must be taken by all students. Twelve credits are taken in the selected area of emphasis. The course of study can be completed by full-time students in four regular semesters.
- A baccalaureate degree conferred by an accredited institution
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA) on a scale of 4.0
- Two letters of recommendation
- 500-word essay detailing your career objectives and aspirations
- Score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) within 5 years.
Student Organizations and Activities in the MBA Program
- Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society in Business
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE)
- UDC Accounting Club
- National Association of Black Acco.untants (NABA)
- Clinton Global Initiative, UDC chapter
Faculty Spotlight: UDC MBA Program
Career Pathways and Prospects
With a MBA from UDC, you are ready to become a leader, whether it is in the private, public or nonprofit sector. The skills you gain from the MBA program at UDC can be transferred to managerial roles in a range of industries, or you can become an entrepreneur and launch your own venture.
- Register with Firebird Jobs to learn about job opportunities in business administration
- School of Business and Public Administration Career Services Office
- UDC Career Services
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 202.274.7001 | F: 202.274.6741