UDC Foundation, Inc.
Invest in tomorrow’s leaders.
Make your tax-deductible year-end gift today.
At this special time and throughout the year, we extend our gratitude and thank you for your continued commitment and support of our students. We invite you to invest in tomorrow’s leaders by making your tax-deductible year-end gift today.
The future of UDC starts with you
As the only public urban land-grant university in the nation’s capital, UDC has a unique mission of education, research and community service. Our commitment to excellence extends not only to our students, faculty and staff but to programs that reach out and improve the quality of life for every resident of our diverse city.
Today, we are an institution on the move, driving positive change at every level. We have:
- launched a new community college, expanded our workforce development programs and continuing education classes
- implemented more rigorous admissions standards to the four-year flagship
- established an honors degree program
- added new courses of study to better equip our students for productive careers and academic achievement
- received accreditation from the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs for the School of Business and Public Administration and from ABET for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ civil, electrical and mechanical engineering programs and computer science
- received reaffirmation of full accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education for engineering, nursing, English, foreign languages, mathematics, music, art, history, and early childhood, elementary and special education
- launched a Master’s Degree program in Cancer Prevention Biology
- launched the District of Columbia’s first Early College High School program with a cooperative agreement with Friendship Edison Charter High School
- received funding from the City Council to underwrite the construction of a new student center
- began a campus-wide facilities improvement initiative to refurbish classrooms, create “green” buildings and restore Firebird beauty and pride
- hired new coaches to rebuild our teams’ standing and performance
- conducted a capital campaign assessment to determine the university’s greatest fundraising needs.
UDC is grateful for the support it receives from the campus community, alumni and friends. The university continues to thrive and flourish because of your generosity and involvement.
At UDC, every gift and every donor makes a difference. Click here and find out how our future starts with you.
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Mrs. Delores Taylor, the wife of former UDC Administrartor, Dr. Alfred O. Taylor, and mother of Kenneth (Kenny) Maurice Taylor who preceded her in death, as she was called to her eternal resting home. Mrs. Taylor was a beloved wife, mother, daughter and friend to all.
Dr. and Mrs. Taylor, through foresight and philanthropy, established a living memorial to their son Kenny, whose love of gospel music was well known, by creating the Kenneth M. Taylor Memorial Scholarship at the University of the District of Columbia. The scholarship provides financial support to students seeking to share the Taylors’ passion for life and to inspire others of the beauty and wonder of music.
The family has requested, in lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to the Kenneth M. Taylor Memorial Scholarship fund to preserve the memory of their son Kenny.