CPE Course Guide
CPE offers a selection of traditional classroom-based and online continuing education classes.
|Project Management with Microsoft Project 2010||Online||$1,995.00|
|Six Sigma: Total Quality Fundamentals||Online||$115.00|
|Administrative Professional with MOS 2010||Online||$1,995.00|
|Professional Tax Preparer Certification (DL)||Online||$2,199.00|
|Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach||Online||$115.00|
|Creating Web Pages||Online||$115.00|
|Creating a Classroom Web Site||Online||$115.00|
|Creating K-12 Learning Materials||Online||$115.00|
|Project Management Fundamentals||Online||$115.00|
|Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010||Online||$115.00|
|Writing Effective Grant Proposals||Online||$115.00|
*Prices are subject to change.
Online courses begin every six weeks.
Continuing Education provides high quality online professional development classes and classroom based enrichment workshops at an affordable cost. Choose from thousands of classes that will give you the skills you need to reach your professional goals and earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Continuing Education Units for Conferences and Professional Training
The Continuing Education Unit or CEU was created and defined in 1970 after International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and the U.S. Department of Education task force studied the measurement of non-credit continuing education activities. The continuing education unit (CEU) was designed to:
- Provide a standard unit of measurement for continuing education and training.
- Quantify continuing education and training activities.
- Accommodate the diversity of providers, activities, and purposes in adult education.
- One (1) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is defined as 10 contact hours of participation in an organized continuing education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction (IACET, 2021).
CPE partners with training programs and conferences to award Continuing Education Units (CEUS). We use the standards adopted from Quality Matters Education Rubric (2021). Contact us to receive a list of standards and requirements.
Today’s workplace is inundated with change as new technologies, processes, and equipment emerge every day. For organizations to survive and thrive in this global economy, employees need ongoing training. UDC’s Office of Professional & Continuing Education is positioned to deliver customized courses and training that lead to job growth and creation and support business retention and recruitment. Our entrepreneurial approach to talent development ensures training that is professional, flexible, responsive, and innovative. You can choose from our portfolio of programs or let us design a custom solution based on your organization’s specific needs. Our programs can be delivered on our campus or onsite at your location.
CPE offers online courses through different services tailored to meet your specific needs. Summaries of each program of study are listed below with links to the specific classes that make up each program of study.
Ed2Go Programs of Study
- Business and Professional
- IT and Software Development
- Management and Corporate
- Media and Design
- Hospitality and Gaming
- Skilled Trades and Industrial
- Sustainable Energy and Going Green
Center for Legal Studies Programs of Study
- Advanced Paralegal
- Advanced Legal Research and Writing
- Ediscovery for Paralegal
- Software Essential for the Law Office
- Personal Injury for Paralegals
- Legal Secretary Certificate
- Legal Nurse Consultants
- Legal Investigation Certificate
- Employment Law
- Preparing for the GMAT
- Preparing for the GRE
- Preparing for the LSAT
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate Course
- Victim Advocacy Certificate Course