Computer Science Technology – AAS
The Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science Technology is a 2-year associate’s degree that prepares graduates to work directly in the field of computer programming or to transfer to a related 4-year degree program. Students are trained in the logic of problem solving, and are equipped to write computer programs in modern languages such as C++ and Java. Graduates of the program may go on to pursue certification in C++ or Java languages.
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply logical skills and mathematical knowledge to analyze the problem, develop, and implement the general solution (algorithm) to the problems in computer science discipline.
- Articulate oral and written skills necessary to communicate technical information to those outside of computing field.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional, ethical, and legal issues as they relate to computer science technology.
- Identify, formulate, and solve problems related to software engineering.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary and emerging issues in computer science.
- Utilize the techniques, skills, and tools of the profession.
- Recognize the importance of identifying problem specifications and requirements from customers.
- Develop, test, and verify software solutions using different design methodologies and programming languages.