Business Technology – AAS
The Associate in Applied Science degree program in Business Technology is designed to provide students with the knowledge required for entry-level positions in business, industry, and government. It is also designed to provide the essential skills needed for business startups and the operation of small business enterprises. Students must receive a grade “C” or better in all business requirements. Courses taken in this program may be applied toward the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
On completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate business office administration skills such as information processing, critical thinking, leadership and ethical decision making in the workplace.
- Critically apply software skills to solve business problems in a variety of situations.
- Utilize at the expert level with word processing applications.
- Work at an advanced level with applications for spreadsheets, databases and computerized accounting.
- Relate business math concepts to workplace problems.
- Apply office accounting and organization behavior principles.