College Access and Readiness for Everyone (CARE) Program
The CARE Program is an undergraduate program that allows pre-college DC students to experience success in college by earning college credits, at no cost. Students enrolled in the CARE Program prepare for college by experiencing it firsthand and receive an array of support services to make a smooth transition to college.
- Earn credits toward college graduation
- Collaborate with college peers and faculty
- Plan for college and career
- Access all UDC student resources and CARE Program transition resources (i.e. college advisors, peer tutors, student gathering opportunities)
- Must be enrolled in a DC public or DC public charter school that partners with the UDC-CC CARE Program
- Must be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade OR enrolled in a GED program at a participating partner school
- Homeschooled students are currently not eligible to participate in the CARE program
Fall Application 2023
The Fall 2023 UDC CARE application opens Friday, March 10th, and closes Friday, April 14th.
The link to apply is here.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the following requirements below by the deadline to participate in dual enrollment.
STEP 1: Complete the online UDC-CC CARE application.
Students must submit an online application for the UDC-CC CARE Dual Enrollment Program by the deadline to be considered. The online application link is available above through our high school partners. Students should contact their DCPS/DCPCS school counselor or the UDC-CC CARE Program office for application instructions and questions at email@example.com
Note: We are unable to accept late applications.
STEP 2:Have your high school counselor complete the Counselor Recommendation form here and submit it with your UDC application.
NOTICE! COVID 19: Update: 03/01/2022. Applicants are typically required to take the ACCUPLACER exam as a part of the CARE application process. Testing is currently suspended due to Covid-19. The website will be updated when testing resumes
Once Accepted Into The CARE Program
Students who applied for the Fall 2023 session will be notified of their admission decision by Monday, May 17th.
Once students receive their acceptance into the CARE program, there are onboarding steps students must complete to enroll at the university and be registered for a class. A UDC CARE advisor will guide them through the following steps to complete their enrollment process:
Step 1: Complete the UDC college application as a non-degree seeking student.
Step 2: Complete and submit the enrollment packet.
Step 3: Attend orientation.
Step 4: Select your top three classes on the pre-registration form.
Step 5: Upload your immunization record.
CARE Program Course Selection
CARE Program participants can take college classes and earn college credit through UDC’s Community College campus located at 5171 South Dakota Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017 (near the Fort Totten Metro station).
Students accepted into the CARE Program will have the opportunity to meet with a CARE Program advisor. During this meeting, the student, parent/guardian if desired, and the CARE advisor will discuss course options, including what course sections are available on what days and times. Course availability and times and days vary by semester. Class options can include:
Foundations of Writing I and II
Foundation Quantitative Reasoning
Discovery Quantitative Reasoning
Biological Science I and II
Fundamentals of Chemistry
Foundations of Oral Communication
Introduction to Logic
Foundation of Ethics & Value
Economics and Personal Finance and more!
The following schools partner with the UDC-CC CARE Program for dual enrollment:
- District of Columbia Public Schools (includes all DCPS public high schools, alternative schools, and STAY programs)
- The following District of Columbia Public Charter Schools (DCPCS)
- Academy of Hope PCS
- Carlos Rosario International PCS
- Capital City PCS Upper School
- Cesar Chavez PCS
- Friendship PCS (Collegiate Academy and Tech Prep)
- IDEA PCS
- LAYC Career Academy PCS
- LAYC The Next Step PCS
- LAYC YouthBuild PCS
- KIPP PCS
- EL Haynes PCS
- Maya Angelou PCS
- National Collegiate Prep PCS
- Paul PCS
- Somerset Prep Academy PCS
- Thurgood Marshall Academy PCS
- Washington Leadership Academy PCS
- Washington Latin PCS
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
To learn more about the CARE Dual Enrollment Program email:
CARE Program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org