New Employees/New Appointments
Dr. Marilyn Hamilton
I am very pleased to announce that Dr. Marilyn Hamilton has been appointed as the Dean of Academic Affairs with the University of the District of Columbia Community College (UDC-CC). Dr. Hamilton’s appointment became effective on March 1, 2017.
Dr. Hamilton has served as the Acting Dean of Academic Affairs at UDC-CC from April 1, 2014 through February 28, 2017. She served as college Co-Team Leader for Achieving the Dream and Complete College America. Within this past year, she has worked diligently with Nursing and Mortuary Science program instructors toward accreditation.
Dr. Hamilton has expertise in:
- Administering academic programs in a postsecondary environment
- Planning and implementing student success strategies
- Managing accreditation processes for both regional and professional accreditors
- Sixteen year of experience within postsecondary education
- Six years of progressive experience within a community college environment as: instructor, Assistant Academic Dean and Acting Academic Dean
Dr. Hamilton received a doctoral degree in Educational Technology from Walden University and a master’s degree in Educational Administration and Supervision from Howard University.
Join me in welcoming Dr. Hamilton. Stop by her office or send an email to celebrate her appointment. You can reach Dr. Hamilton at email@example.com or (202) 274-5830.
Dr. Tony E. Summers
Chief Community College Officer