Professor Lauren Grimes, Adjunct Faculty, Community College

Professor Lauren Grimes

Adjunct Faculty
Community College

Teaching and instructing students is a great passion of mine. As an academic, it’s essential to continue to improve and develop my expertise by completing training and certifications. I had a wonderful experience with the Quality Matters (QM) official course review process. My advisors and support staff from the University of the District of Columbia—Dr. Dorothy Phaire, Dr. Julian King, Director Fatma Elshobokshy, Mr. David Serna—and the QM reviewers provided great insight along the way. The QM rubric workshop influenced my course design by providing an excellent framework and guidance on quality assurance. From the workshop, I gained information on QM review standards, annotations, and examples that aided me in increasing my course’s accessibility measures; properly aligning learning objectives to instructional materials, assessments, and assignments; and enhancing notations on student support and university resources. As a result of participating in the workshop, I am confident that my course is well designed to accomplish its outlined goals related to student competencies, learning, engagement, and interaction due to my embracement of the beneficial research-based best practices from Quality Matters.

CAL Logo with transparent background

Location     |    Bldg. 4250 Connecticut Avenue (Bldg 71) 6F

Email          |    calhelpdesk@udc.edu

Walk-in / Virtual Office Hours Click here

Consultation Request Form

Youtube Logo Image