UDC’s Board of Trustees
Anntoinette “Toni” White-Richardson
Since graduating from the University of the District of Columbia with a Master’s of Arts in Adult Education, I have been highly active in numerous community-based organizations focused on improving the lives of D.C. residents, and the cultural enrichment of my city. I am currently employed by the DC Public Library as an Education Specialist in the Adult Literacy Resource Center. I am a life member of the Alumni Society, and I have been working with the Alumni Society for the past 10 years, by supporting their programs and projects. These projects and programs included toy drives, meet and greets, awards dinners, and membership meetings. In addition, I have participated and supported homecoming activities such as plaza events, homecoming coronations, and concerts.
Over the years I have served in many leadership positions with several organizations:
- President – Delta Housing Corporation of the District of Columbia (2016- 2020) Affordable housing for seniors.
- President – Washington DC Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Inc. (2006- 2008)
- President – AFSCME District Council 20 (2014- 2017) & AFSCME Local 1808 (2003-2019)
- Cochair – DC One Fund Campaign (2012- 2015) Raised over 2 million dollars.
- Taskforce Member – Negotiated Employee Assistance Home Purchase Program (NEAHP) – Provides funding for unionized city employees to purchase homes in the city.
- Vice President – Woodlawn Cemetery Perpetual Care Association (2016- 2020) Historical preservation.
- Board Member -The Essential Theatre (2017 – Present).
As a native Washingtonian involved in various organizations, she has the tenacity to bring a plethora of community connections that will elevate alumni participation and fundraising for the University.