The University of the District of Columbia is committed to equality of educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities. The Office of the Accessibility Resource Center is charged with the responsibility of exploring possible coverage and reasonable accommodations for undergraduate, graduate, and professional students for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Some of the services offered are:
- Adaptive/Assistive Technology
- Interpreting Services
- Lab/Library Assistance
- Letters to Professors
- Note-taking Support
- Priority Registration
- Test Accommodations
- Reading Services
The Center does not provide academic content tutoring directly but can make referrals to UDC and community resources.
Feel free to contact us at any time, or visit our office to speak to a member of our staff. Please come to Building 39, Suite 102 to learn more about our services.
Eligibility for ARC Services
- Students requesting accommodation for disabilities are required to register with the ARC prior to receiving an accommodation.
- Students seeking accommodations and/or services are encouraged to contact ARC prior to or upon admission to UDC but may register at any point during their academic career. However, accommodations are not retroactive.
- In order to receive ARC services, students must register with the ARC at the beginning of each semester that the student is enrolled in classes. Students are advised to submit a copy of their registration for the current semester and relevant documentation prior to or at the beginning of the semester.
- In subsequent semesters, students may be asked to provide additional documentation to verify the continuing need of services.
- If there is a disruption in services because of a disabling condition and/or withdrawal from the University, the student may be required to provide updated documentation upon re-entry to the University.
How to Register for ARC Services
- To register with the ARC, a student:
- Must be officially enrolled at UDC;
- Have a documented disability
- Submit documentation of the disability to the ARC, as described below; and
- Engage in the interactive process with the ARC to assist in the determination of the appropriate accommodation(s).
- Application / Documentation
- Students registering with the ARC must complete the ARC Registration Form. The form is available in the ARC office and on the website.