Next Steps to Enroll in Classes
Step 1: Confirm Your Enrollment, www.udc.edu/admissions/confirmation-of-enrollment-form/
Step 2: Activate your UDC email and myUDC portal. Login credentials and instructions will be sent to your personal email address provided on your admission application. Within 1 to 2 business days, the IT Department will send an email from (firstname.lastname@example.org) subject line “Welcome to the myUDC Portal!” Please be sure to check your spam and/or junk mailbox. If you need assistance with activating your account, please contact 202.274.5941.
Step 3: Under 27 years of age? Upload your immunization (shot) records and complete a health form in the health services portal, www.udc.edu/health-services/immunizations/
Step 4*: Attend New Student Orientation*, www.udc.edu/orientation/
*Graduate students will receive orientation in their respective department.
Step 5: Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, www.udc.edu/aac/meet-your-advisors/ Note: Community college students may be required to take Accuplacer test for English and Math placement prior to advisement.
Step 6**: Register for classes through your myUDC portal, my.udc.edu.
**First time in college students, please be sure to have your high school submit your final high school (includes date of graduation) to the Office of Admission email@example.com. You will not be permitted to register until your final transcript is received.
Transfer credit evaluations are completed within 21 business days of student confirming enrollment (step 1 above) and receipt of all official transcripts for all schools attended. You will receive an email notification once your evaluation is completed and will be able to view credits accepted by signing into your myUDC portal, my.udc.edu and selecting QuickLaunch>Students Degree Works.
In addition to the steps outlined in section 1, international students have additional steps before an I-2o may be issued.
If you are in need of an I-20 for the F-1 student visa, please submit the following. Forms may be located by visiting, www.udc.edu/admissions/admissions-for-international-students/ :
- I-20 Eligibility Form
- Copy of Passport ID Page
- Notarized Affidavit of Financial Support
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter, dated within the last 6 months, verifying liquid funds (see pg. 2 of Financial Affidavit for the minimum amount required)
If you are already in the US holding a valid F-1 student visa, please provide the documents in addition to those listed above for the transfer of your I-20 to UDC:
- Copy of your current I-20
- Copy of your visa
- Copy of your most recent I-94 card
- Transfer-In form signed by your current Designated School Official (DSO)
Please send the requested documents attached in ONE email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to UDCtranscores@udc.edu. ALL documents must be received by June 1st (Fall Semester) and November 1st (Spring Semester). Please be sure to include your name and student ID# in the body of the email. Failure to adhere to this deadline will result in the student having to update their admission term to the next eligible term of enrollment by completing an Application Update Form, https://www.udc.edu/admissions/important-forms-admissions/ and/or reapplying for admission.
After You Have Registered for Classes
Health insurance is required, and university sponsored health insurance is automatically billed at the time of registration. If you have your own insurance, you may opt-out of the university sponsored program, by visiting firststudent.com by the specified deadline.
All students are automatically enrolled in the Follett All Access Program and assessed a nominal fee credit hr. However, if you plan to purchase your books else where you may opt-out by visiting www.udc.edu/enrollment-management/follett-access-textbook-program/ by the specified deadline.
Great news Firebirds! We are covering the cost of books for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. Therefore, you will not need to opt-out for these two semesters.
Important Information & Resources
- Tuition/fee Schedule, https://www.udc.edu/admissions/tuition-fees/
- Apply for residency (if applicable) If you have lived in the District or qualifying county in Maryland (Prince Georges or Montgomery County), Virginia (Alexandria, Arlington or Fairfax County) 90days prior to the start of your entry term and meet other eligibility criteria, you may eligible for preferential tuition rate, udc.edu/admissions/admissions/establishing-dc-and-metro-residency/
- Apply for financial aid, www.fafsa.gov (School Code 007015).
- Payment plan, https://mycollegepaymentplan.com/udc/
- Housing, www.udc.edu/housing/
- Veteran Affairs, www.udc.edu/military/
- Academic Calendar, https://www.udc.edu/registrar/academic-calendars/
- Important dates and deadlines for the semester, https://www.udc.edu/admissions/financial-aid/
If you have any questions regarding your next steps, please call our 24/7/365 Help Hub on 202.274.5941 or visit studentservices.udc.edu/.