Please be advised: Permit sales will take place on the second floor of Bldg. 39. Please follow the signs at the Student Center in room B32
Fall Semester Parking Permits will go on sale starting August 6, 2018.
Van Ness Campus Garage (4200 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington, DC 20008)
The Van Ness Campus garage is an automated facility that allows for 24/7 controlled access to the garage. University students, faculty, and staff may purchase parking permits to access the garage. Permit holders utilize the UDC ID (or ONECard) to access the garage. Non-permit holders, guest, or visitors are subject to the daily parking procedures and fares.
- UDC Permit Holders
- Persons who have purchased a UDC parking permit for one or more semester will have the advantage of using their OneCard (the new University ID) to access the parking garage.
- Permit holders may access the garage from the Van Ness Street or Veazey Terrance entrances.
- Non-Permit Holders /Daily Parking
- NOTE: Only University student, faculty, and staff who have UDC IDs will be able to utilize the IDs to receive the University discount on the daily parking fare.
- Daily parkers may only access the garage from the Van Ness Street entrance.
- University students, faculty, staff or guest/visitors who have not purchased a parking permit; have not acquired, forgotten, or misplaced their OneCard will have to secure a daily parking ticket from the ticket dispenser at the entrance. Persons using this service will be subject to incremental parking rates.
- Daily parkers will pay the parking fare at one of the designated pay stations (located on each level of the parking garage).
- After paying at the pay station, patrons will use their ticket to exit by inserting the ticket into the collection machine.
- Lost or damaged tickets will incur a fee.
Building 52 (4340 Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008) – David A. Clarke School of Law Site
The Building 52 location is designated for tenants only (students /staff / faculty).
Van Ness Campus Days Inn Lot (4400 Connecticut Ave, NW Washington, DC 20008)- Upper Deck ONLY
This location is designated for Business Parking Rentals, Contractors and Building 52 parking overflow.
801 North Capitol (801 North Capitol St. NE Washington, D.C. 20002) – Community College Headquarters
The 801 North Capitol location has both a surface lot and underground garage. The garage is designated for permit holders only. The surface lot is primarily designated for permit holders and contractors making deliveries to the building. Please refer to the Van Ness Campus information above regarding procedures and policies for permit holders.
Bertie Backus (5171 South Dakota Ave. NE Washington, D.C. 20017) – Community College Site
The Bertie Backus location is a surface lot that is open to students, faculty, and staff only.
PR Harris (4600 Livingston Rd. SE Washington, D.C. 20032) – Community College Site
The PR Harris location is designated for students, faculty, and staff only.
Please be advised: Permit sales will take place on the second floor of Bld 39 in the Cashiers Office. Please follow the signs at the Cashiers Office to the Parking Office.
Spring Semester Parking Permits will go on sale starting December 12, 2018.
Van Ness Campus
Student Center, Room B32
Forms and Documents
Citations and Appeals
Parking citations are issued by University Public Safety. Parking appeals are handled by the District of Columbia Adjudication Services located at 301 C Street, NW. Washington, DC 20001 and the telephone number is 202.737.4404.