The University of the District of Columbia recognizes the positive impact that it can make on the environment and human health through the procurement decisions it makes. The Office of Contracting and Procurement is therefore taking the opportunity to take advantage of the City-Wide Remanufactured Toner Cartridge contract. This City-Wide contract was awarded to Laser Art, Inc., a certified small business enterprise (CSBE).
In an effort to support our Green Initiative Program we need your assistance and cooperation. The University in conjunction with Laser Art Ink will be distributing recycled cartridge boxes throughout the University campus commencing June 3, 2013. The boxes will be a depository for your empty printer and copier ink cartridges. Please click on the link below and fill out the form to receive your recycled cartridge box. There will be one box ordered per department.
Remanufactured Black Toner Contract
1. It is consistent with Mayoral Order 2009-60 that requires government purchasers to maximize implementation of Environmental Preferable products standards to the maximum extent practicable.
2. It reduces air and water pollution/emissions associated with landfilling, incineration or the manufacturing of new cartridges.
3. It conserves our natural resources such as timber, water, oil/petroleum and minerals because it reduces the need for raw materials.
4. It helps save energy.
5. It decreases emissions of greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change.
6. It helps us sustain the environment for future generations.
Every year more than 300 million printer cartridges are thrown away, ending up in either landfill or being exported to developing countries where they poison both the environment and the workers. By recycling toner cartridges it is keeping them out of landfill and putting them back into the manufacturing stream, where they can be remanufactured and resold countless amounts of times. By utilizing the Remanufactured Toner Cartridge, the University is doing their part.
Click here to download flyer.