Financial Aid

Office of Financial Aid

Contact Info | phone 202.274.5060 (Flagship) | phone 202.274.6795 (CC) | fax 202.274.6060

Office Hours
8:30am to 5pm Mon – Fri (extended hours during registration)

UDC FAFSA School Code: 007015

Physical Address and Walk-in Assistance

Flagship Community College
4200 Connecticut Ave. NW
Bldg. 39, Suite A-133
Washington, DC  20008   
801 North Capital St. NE
3rd Fl, Room 305
Washington, DC 20002

Starting the Financial Aid Process

Apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at .  If you are a dependent student then your parent will need to request a PIN also. The PIN is used to electronically sign the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Also, the PIN will allow you to re-access a saved or processed FAFSA. You may use the PIN to make corrections to your FAFSA. Your PIN should be kept in a safe place and not shared with others.

Gather all documents you will need in order to complete the FAFSA.  You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. For example, if you are applying for the 2011/2012 academic year you will need financial documents from the year of 2010. You will also need records of your parent's income information if you are a dependent student. If you are married, you will need to supply information in regards to your spouse. The data you should have available is:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your driver’s license
  • Your 2010 w-2 forms (for the 2011/2012 academic year)
  • Your (and spouse’s, if married) 2010 Federal Income Tax Return
    • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
    • Foreign Tax Form or
    • Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia or Palau
  • Parent’s 2010 Federal Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
  • Record of  2010 Untaxed Income (for the 2010/2011 academic year)
    • Social Security Benefits
    • Veteran’s Benefits
    • Child Support Received
    • Worker’s Compensation
    • Welfare (including TANF)
  • Current Bank Statements
  • Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
  • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)


Complete the FAFSA at WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOVThis application is free.  You should never pay to have this form completed.  After the FAFSA has been submitted, you can expect to receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) electronically if you included an email address on your FAFSA. If not, you will receive a copy via mail. Once you receive the SAR you should review it to ensure that all information is correct. The SAR will inform you of any missing information or if errors exist. Processing and/or a review of the SAR at the University of the District of Columbia's Office of Financial Aid does not begin until an error free SAR is on file.