Prospective F-1 International Students

Students must first apply and be accepted to the University of the District of Columbia.  After Enrollment Confirmation, immigration documents can be issued if all supporting documents have been received.  For more admissions information, go to

For an I-20 to be issued, the following forms must be completed and emailed to Acceptance to the University does not guarantee an I-20 will be issued.

First time in college and living outside the United States:

Transfer Students (from another U.S. institution, with a valid I-20) must provide:

Change of Status If you are in the United States with another visa status and wish to obtain an F-1, there are two options:

  1. Depart the United States, pay the SEVIS fee and schedule a visa interview. Re-enter as an F-1 student.
  2. Change of status within the United States.

Consultation with an experienced immigration attorney is recommended if you need legal advice.

An immigration attorney would also be able to assist with the application process if you prefer to apply for a change of status within the United States.