Journal Publications and Peer Reviewed Conference Papers
- B Panigrahi, Alan Hall and Pradeep K. Behera, “Reevaluation of the C-51 Basin Rules” Proceedings, Civil Engineering Conference in the Asian Region, 2016, Honolulu, HI, Aug. 30 to Sept. 02, 2016.
- Pradeep K. Behera, and Brahim Sidi Mhamed, “Analysis of External and Internal Storm Event Characteristics for Mid-Atlantic Region”, World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, 2016, West Palm Beach, FL, May 22-26, 2016.
- Pradeep K. Behera, Ramesh Teegavarapu, Chandramauli V Chandramauli, Brahim Sidi Mhamed, “Tracking Changes and Trends in the Potomac River Stream flow Extremes and Characteristics”, World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, 2016, West Palm Beach, FL, May 22-26, 2016.
- C,V,Chandramouli, E.Hixon, C. Zhou, J. Moreland, J.Wang, Z. Xiong, R.Teegavarappu, P. Behera, J.Fox (2016). Evaluating the usefulness of Virtual 3D lab modules developed for a flooding system in student learning. ASEE, 123rd Annual Conference & Exposition. New Orleans, LA.
- Chandramouli, C.V, Ziong, Z., Wang, M., Moreland, J., Zhou, C., Teegavarappu, R., Fox, J., Behera, P., and Hixon, E (2016). Virtual 3D Modeling for Little Calumet River Flood Inundation Studies. ASCE EWRI World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2016. West Palm Beach, FL.
- Paul Cotae, Myong Kang, Alexander, Velasquez, “Detection of the Distributed New Shrew Attacks” MTA REVIEW, Vol. XXV, No. 4,Dec. 2016.
- Paul Cotae, Myong Kang and Alexander Velazquez “Spectral Analysis of Low Rate of Denial of Service Attacks Detection based on Fisher and Siegel Tests” IEEE ICC International Conference of Communications, Communication and Information Security Symposium, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2016.7510884, pp. 1-6, May 2016.
- Paul Cotae, Myong Kang and Alexander Velazquez “Multiple Time Series Fisher Periodicit Test for the Detection of the Distributed New Shrew Attacks” Accepted at the IEEE COMM2016, IEEE 11th International Conference on Communication (COMM), Bucharest Romania, 10.1109/ICComm.2016.7528307 , pp. 9-14, June 2016.
- Paul Cotae, Mahmoud Elsayed, and Ira S. Maskowitz “On the Performance of Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks: An Experimental Approach” ASEE 2016 St. Lawrence Section at Cornell University, April 6-8, 2016.
- Thompson, S. Adebayo, N. Zhang, S. Haghani, K. Dowell and D. Shetty, “Building a More Diverse Biomedical Engineering Workforce: Biomedical Engineering at the University of the District of Columbia, a Historically Black College University (HBCU)”, Proc. of 38th Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society ( MBC), Orlando, FL, Aug. 16-20, 2016, pp. 1-4.
- Haghani, A. Lambebo, M. Uzcategui, E. Ososanya and W. Mahmoud, “A Capstone Project on the Development of an environmental monitoring wireless sensor network powered by harvested RF energy,”, 2016 ASEE Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 26-29, 2016, Paper ID # 15078, pp. 1-24.
- Haghani, D. Albano, W. Mahmoud, N. Zhang and E. Ososanya, “A Graduate Project on the Development of a Wearable Sensor Platform Powered by Harvested Energy”, 2016 ASEE Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 26-29, 2016, Paper ID # 17353, pp. 1-31.
- Mahmoud, S. Haghani and R. Kamaha “Real-Time System Implementation for Video Processing”, 2016 ASEE Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 26-29, 2016, Paper ID #15811, pp. 1-9.
- Ahmim, T. Le, E. Ososanya and S. Haghani, “Design and Implementation of a Home Automation System for Smart Grid Applications”, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 2016, pp. 538-539.
- Abrams and S. Haghani “Impact of Microgrids and Renewable Energy on the District of Columbia’s Commercial Sectors’ Energy Consumption”, Proc. of the 2016 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, Tampa, FL, Nov. 2016.
- Marshall, N. Chuenprateep and S. Haghani “Modeling the Effect of Smart Appliances in Energy Reducon in Residential Homes Using GridLabD”, Proc. of the 2016 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, Tampa, FL, Nov. 2016.
- MaGowan and S. Haghani “Design of a Wearable Alcohol Blood Monitoring Device”, Proc. of the 2016 Emerging Researchers National Conference, Washington, DC, February 2016.
- Y. Ji, Bong-Keun Jeong, Seonho Choi, Dong H. Jeong, A multi-level intrusion detection method for abnormal network behaviors, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol. 62, pp. 9-17, Feb. 2016.
- Dong Hyun Jeong, Soo Yeon Ji, Applying Data Transformation to Derive Insights for Network Intrusion Detection, IEEE Symposium on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec) 2016, Oct. 24, 2016
- Thabet Kacem, Duminda Wijesekera, Paulo Costa and Alexandre Barreto, “Secure ADS-B Framework “ADS-Bsec”, 2016 IEEE 19th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC 2016), Rio di Janeiro, Brazil (to appear soon).
- Thabet Kacem, Duminda Wijesekera, Paulo Costa and Alexandre Barreto, “An ADS-B Intrusion Detection System”, The 15th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-16), Tianjin, China, August 2016.
- Donghyeok Shin, Junwhan Kim, Byunggu Yu and Dong H. Jeong, “On avoiding Moving Objects for indoor autonomous quadrotors,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Fort Worth, TX, Aug, 2016 (IEEE RAS Travel Award)
- Junwhan Kim, R. Palmieri, and B. Ravindran, Scheduling Nested Transactions on In-memory Data Grids, printed by CRC, entitled “Big Data Management, Architecture, and Processing”, 2016 (Book chapter)
- Zhang, Nian and Shetty, Devdas, “An Effective LS-SVM Based Approach for Surface Roughness Prediction in Machined Surfaces” Journal of Neurocomputing, NEUCOM-D-15-01001R1, Elsevier, Scheduled for 2016.
- Shetty, D. Product Design for Engineers, 2016. ISBN: 978-1-133-96204-5. A new textbook released by Cengage Learning Publications, 20, Channel Center Street, Boston, USA.
- Johnson P, Thompson LA. An Investigation on the Control of a Robotic, Prosthetic Hand. 2016 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS), Tampa, FL
- Cale S, Jacques B, Lockerman S, Wilson C, Thompson LA. Studying the effects of athletic training on postural control. NSF Emerging Researchers National Conference (ERN) in STEM. (Feb. 2016).
- Thompson LA, Badache M. Investigating Center-of-Pressure Parameters to Quantify Athlete and Non-Athlete Balance. Technical Paper Publication to the ASME IMECE Conference 2016.
- Zhang N, Thompson LA. An Intelligent Clustering Algorithm for High Dimensional and Highly Overlapped Photo-Thermal Infrared Imaging Data, Proc. of 2016 Mid- Atlantic ASEE Conference, Hempstead, NY Oct. 21st – 22nd, 2016.
- Thompson LA, Haburcakova C, Lewis R. Vestibular ablation and a semicircular canal prosthesis affect postural stability during head turns. Experimental brain research (2016): 1-13.
- Thompson LA, Haburcakova C, Lewis R. Postural compensation strategy depends on the severity of vestibular damage. (Journal paper in review 2016).
- Thompson LA, Haburcakova C, Lewis R. A platform-system to study the effects of vestibular dysfunction on rhesus monkey posture (Journal paper in review 2016).
- Thompson LA, Adebayo AS, Zhang N, Haghani S, Dowell K, Shetty D. Building a More Diverse Biomedical Engineering Workforce: Biomedical Engineering at the University of the District of Columbia, a Historically Black College & University. Technical Paper, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC, 2016 Annual International Conference of the IEEE.
- Mutunga and P. Tyagi, “Patternable rough textured gold microwire for neurochemical sensing,” MRS Advances, vol. FirstView, pp. 1-5, 2016.
- Naresh Poudel, Chuan Chen, Thanh Tran, Jiajun Xu, “Experimental Study of Thermal Transport in Nanoemulsion Heat Transfer Fluids” ASME 2016 HTFEICNMM conference, Accepted
- Book Chapters:
- Bao Yang, Jiajun Xu, “Thermophysical Properties and SANS studies of Nanoemulsion Heat Transfer Fluids”, InTech “Neutron Scattering”, ISBN 978-953-51-4618-6 2016
- Nian Zhang and Devdas Shetty, “An Effective LS-SVM Based Approach for Surface Roughness Prediction in Machined Surfaces,” vol. 198, pp. 35-39, Neurocomputing, July 2016.
- Nian Zhang and Lara A. Thompson, “An Intelligent Clustering Algorithm for High Dimensional and Highly Overlapped Photo-Thermal Infrared Imaging Data,” Fall 2016 ASEE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY, October 21-22, 2016.
- Lara A. Thompson, A. Segun Adebayo, Nian Zhang, Sasan Haghani, Kathleen Dowell, and Devdas Shetty, “Building a More Diverse Biomedical Engineering Workforce: Biomedical Engineering at the University of the District of Columbia,” 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’16), Orlando, Florida, August 17-20, 2016.
- Sasan Haghani，Daniel Albano，Wagdy H. Mahmoud， Nian Zhang, and Esther T. Ososanya, “Development of a Wearable Sensor Platform Powered by Harvested Energy,” ASEE’s 123rd Annual Conference & Exposition, New Orleans, LA, June 26-29, 2016.
- Juan F. Ramirez Rochac, Nian Zhang, and Pradeep Behera, “Design of Adaptive Feature Extraction Algorithm Based on Fuzzy Classifier in Hyperspectral Imagery Classification for Big Data Analysis,” The 12th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA 2016), Guilin, China, 2016.
- Nian Zhang, “Cost-Sensitive Spectral Clustering for Photo-Thermal Infrared Imaging Data,” 2016 Sixth International Conference on Information Science and Technology (ICIST), Dalian, China, 2016.
- Juan F. Ramirez Rochac and Nian Zhang, “Reference Clusters Based Feature Extraction Approach for Mixed Spectral Signatures with Dimensionality Disparity,” 10th Annual IEEE International Systems Conference (IEEE SysCon 2016), Orlando, Florida, 2016.
- Juan F. Ramirez Rochac and Nian Zhang, “Feature Extraction in Hyperspectral Imaging Using Adaptive Feature Selection Approach,” The Eighth International Conference on Advanced Computational Intelligence (ICACI2016), Chiang Mai, Thailand, pp. 36-40, 2016.