The Office of Human Resources (OHR) is excited to welcome everyone back to campus in preparation for the Fall 2021 semester. We thank each employee for their diligence, commitment, and dedication as we served our students and maintained operations throughout the pandemic, whether by teleworking or in person. OHR looks forward to seeing many familiar faces on campus again and welcome all new Firebirds who joined UDC over the past fifteen months.
As we move forward toward fully reopening for the Fall 2021 semester, our efforts to maintain a healthy environment and minimize risk to others will continue. One important step we can all take to keep ourselves and each other safe is to get vaccinated. The COVID-19 vaccine is now plentiful and available to a broad range of ages. After careful consideration and ensuring that everyone can return safely by August, UDC will require all students, faculty, and staff to receive the COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and provide proof of vaccination unless they have a medical or religious exemption.
For employees, August 2, 2021, is the deadline to submit proof of vaccination. We recommend, depending on the type of vaccine you choose to receive, you should plan to have your first dose in early July to meet the August 2nd deadline. Comprehensive vaccination is the most effective way to return to a safe, robust on-campus experience in Fall 2021. Information for vaccine and testing availability is posted on the RISE website. The details on the vaccine requirements, including how and when to submit proof of vaccination, will also be posted.
In addition to required vaccinations, there are several updates all employees must be aware of:
- The majority of UDC staff will return to campus in phases beginning July 6, 2021, through August 23, 2021. Some critical functions may transition to in-person work earlier based on the operational needs of the unit or services provided.
- Faculty will return on August 16, 2021, at the beginning of the academic year.
- Employees may participate in the Alternate Work Program. One option in the Alternate Work Program is telework. Employees may seek approval from their supervisor to telework or create an alternate work schedule for up to two days per week. All telework must be within the DMV. Please review the Alternate Work policy and procedures posted on the RISE website and myUDC under Human Resources.
- Mask wearing is mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors on campus.
- UDC will provide onsite vaccinations and testing as posted on the RISE site.
- For additional information, please read the posted Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Thank you again for your resilience and commitment to UDC. As we prepare for our staff to return and the arrival of our students to campus, we count on your collaboration and focus on keeping all UDC locations as safe as possible for a triumphant Firebird return. Please be sure to take good care of yourself and each other.
Deborah Tatum Sullivan
Vice President, Human Resources
STAFF RESOURCES FOR FALL OPENING
BE INFORMED – BE SAFE
REPORT ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS BY CONTACTING US
NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY?
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
Contact Us And We Will Get Back To You Right Away!