Happy and healthy employees are essential to an efficient and productive workforce.
Employee wellness is focused on each employee’s physical and mental health and encourages each person to make healthy lifestyle choices. How employees are feeling both mentally and physically is fundamental to how they work, grow, and learn.
UDC is committed to our employees during especially during the pandemic. All employees are encouraged to take 30 minutes to learn to cook a healthy meal, practice mindfulness, or take an online Hip Hop Yoga course. UDC employees are encouraged to participate in the numerous free offerings available at https://dchr.dc.gov/page/employee-wellness. Many other sites, such as YouTube, offer a variety of employee wellness programming and opportunities. Please check out #UDCspirit for a daily dose of connection to our Firebird family.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
During times of uncertainty, it is normal to have feelings of stress, anxiety, and fear. You are not alone, and there are resources and help available if you want to talk to someone or need support. UDC cares about you and your well-being as well as the well-being of your family members.
Inova Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help. Inova provides resources for employees and their families in times of need. EAP services are delivered by experienced licensed professionals and are all confidential and free to employees and members of their households. The counselors are available via phone or video conference to assist when you need it most. Your EAP is always just a phone call away. Please call 800-346-0110 or visit www.inova.org/eap.
EAP Services Include:
- 2021 EAP Seminar Schedule
- Confidential Counseling-in person, over the phone, or via video
- Child Care Assistance and Referral
- Pet Services
- Financial Counseling
- Coping with COVID
Click here for more information.
The University of the District of Columbia provides an extensive range of benefits options for eligible employees. Examples include insurance (health, dental, vision, and life), flexible spending accounts, annual leave, sick leave, retirement, and more.
Please email email@example.com with your benefits questions or to schedule a telephone or TEAMS benefits appointment.
- Benefits Information for District Employees
- Benefits Instruction Sheet (PDF)
- TIAA-CREF Investment Options
- Workers’ Compensation
- Holiday Schedule
- UDC Remitted Tuition Program Overview
- Remitted Tuition Procedures
- Amendments to Remitted Tuition
- Save the date! Benefits Open Enrollment for 2020 will begin mid-November through mid-December. During Open Enrollment, employees can make allowable changes to their health and dental plans
- Commuter Benefits – Employees may change their commuter benefits at any time via the PeopleSoft Self-Service portal http://ess.dc.gov
- Save, Save, Save. Learn more available savings options and the tax-deferred annuity programs available to UDC employees