UDC FALL OPENING 2021
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT MASON
Our Response to COVID-19: We Rise
June 14, 2021
Dear Firebirds, Now that you are vaccinated (or will soon be), we are looking forward to seeing you back on the campuses this Fall 2021. We have prepared the facilities and will be following all local and federal health guidance. Visit the Student, Faculty and Staff sections of the RISE website at www.udc.edu/rise for detailed information.
Here are the basics you should know:
- There will be extensive need and merit-based scholarships available. There will also be need-based living stipends available. Look for the UDC – SOAR announcement soon!
- Registration online for Continuing Students began April 19 and will continue through August 22, 2021. Advising/Registration for New, Readmitted, Special & Transfer Students is August 2-20, 2021.
- Students, you will not be able to attend class unless your vaccination information has been uploaded. Upload your proof of vaccination at https://udc.studenthealthportal.com/.
- Masks will be required for everyone in all campus buildings, including the Student Center, and outdoors on campus when not alone.
- Most classes will be face-to-face, however, virtual/remote, hybrid, and limited HYFLEX modalities will also be available. Work with your Academic or Faculty Advisor to schedule the best available option for you.
- Employees will begin a phased return to work on all campuses between July 5-August 23, 2021. Employees may seek approval from their supervisor and Cabinet member to establish an alternate or telework schedule for up to 2 days a week. Telework must be within the DMV. The UDC Alternative Work Program policy and procedures will be posted on the RISE website along with FAQs.
- Employees will be required to upload proof of vaccination or request an exemption for health or religious reasons as a condition of employment. Further instructions on the process will be provided in a separate communication and posted on the RISE website.
- Parking permits will be issued for the fall with optional reserve parking.
- There is a free walkup vaccination facility operated by DC Health at 4225 Connecticut NW (across the street from the Student Center). Other vaccination centers near you can be found here https://coronavirus.dc.gov/page/get-vaccinated or www.vaccines.gov.
As always, our primary consideration is the health of our UDC family. We are prepared for your safe return, and we are excited about seeing you in person soon!
Your cooperation, patience, and feedback are, as always, appreciated
Ronald Mason, Jr., President
University of the District of Columbia
We are HERE | We are READY | We are VIRTUAL
The University has taken the necessary steps, precautions, and modifications to operate the University campuses in a manner consistent with protecting the public health and safety of the entire UDC Community by reducing risks of transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
What you need to know:
First day of classes is August 23, 2021.
Most classes will be face-to-face, however, virtual/remote, hybrid, and limited HYFLEX modalities will also be available. Work with your Academic or Faculty Advisor to schedule the best available option for you.
Masks will be required for everyone in all campus buildings, including the Student Center, and outdoors on campus when not alone.
Click below for detailed info about fall opening.
OUR SAFETY PLAN
BE INFORMED – BE SAFE
REPORT ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS BY CONTACTING US
NEED HELP RIGHT AWAY?
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
Contact Us And We Will Get Back To You Right Away!