Saturday, May 13th, 2017, 10:00 AM, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Congratulations Class of 2017! In preparation for your big day, please review the following information:
- Graduates ONLY should arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. at the convention center, through the L Street entrance. You are arriving early so that we can line you up by disciplines within your college or school. It is important to be on time. Parking is extremely limited in residential areas surrounding the Convention Center. Please follow parking restrictions. Use of Metro and other public transportation is strongly encouraged.
- We are determined to begin the ceremony on time at 10:00 a.m., which means EVERYONE must be in place to begin the procession on time. If you arrive late, and the procession has begun, you will not be able to join the other members in your department or unit.
- You will need your name card which you should have received from the Registrar’s Office.
- All guests entering the convention center for the ceremony must have an admit card (no exception). Each graduate is provided 6 admit cards. Based on the number of graduates, we have no extra admit cards.
- Business attire and regalia (cap and gown) are requested for commencement. Please do not wear flip-flops, tennis shoes or other recreational shoes. Your commencement is a special ceremony and proper attire is required. The commencement ceremony is taped and it is very important to smile for the cameras. It is also important to note that regalia attire should be camera-ready as well.
- Commencement will take place in Hall C. All graduates are to report to the UDC Village, Hall B.
- Balloons, bull horns, air horns or other horns (i.e. musical instruments such as trumpets, saxophones, guitars, etc.), banners or signs of any size or kind are not allowed in the Convention Center. Food will not be allowed in Hall C.
- Please turn off pagers and cell phones during the ceremony. Vibrate ring status is acceptable.
- Please do not leave the floor prior to the recessional. It is important that everyone participates in the commencement ceremony and celebrates the academic success of all graduates. We celebrate you until the end of the ceremony.
- Pictures will only be allowed to be taken in designated areas.
- Once the ceremony is over, you can meet your family and friends in the Lobby of Hall C of the Convention Center.
- Evacuation from Hall C will be enforced immediately following the ceremony.
Congratulations on your achievement!!! We are proud of you!!!
The Commencement Committee