Saturday, May 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Congratulations Class of 2018! In preparation for your big day, please review the following information:
- Graduates must arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (801 Mt Vernon Place NW), through the L Street entrance. Graduates must arrive early to ensure that you are lined up by discipline within your college or school. It is important to be on time. Parking is extremely limited in residential areas surrounding the Convention Center. Please follow parking restrictions. Use of Metro and other public transportation is strongly encouraged. Please view the University Commencement website for additional information regarding Metro Track work: https://www.udc.edu/commencement
- We will begin the Commencement exercises on time, which is at 10:00 a.m., which means EVERYONE must be in place to begin the procession on time. If you arrive late, and the procession has begun, you will not be able to join the other members in your department or unit.
- You will need your name card that you obtained from the Office of the Registrar.
- All guests entering the Walter E. Washington Convention Center for the ceremony must have an admit card (no exception). Each graduate was provided 7 admit cards. Based on the number of graduates, we do not have any additional admit cards to issue.
- Business attire and regalia (cap and gown) are required for Commencement. Please do not wear flip-flops, tennis shoes or other recreational shoes; these items are strictly forbidden. Your Commencement is an honored tradition and a special ceremony and therefore proper attire is required. In addition, the commencement ceremony is taped and it is very important to smile for the cameras. It is also important to note that regalia attire should be camera-ready as well (clean and nicely pressed).
- Commencement will take place in Hall C. All graduates are to report to the UDC Village, Hall B.
- Balloons, bull horns, air horns or other horns (i.e. musical instruments such as trumpets, saxophones, guitars, etc.), banners or signs of any size or kind are not allowed in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Food will not be allowed in Hall C.
- Please turn off pagers and cell phones during the ceremony. Vibrate ring status is acceptable.
- Please do not leave the floor prior to the recessional. It is important that everyone participates in the Commencement Ceremony and celebrates the academic success of all graduates. We celebrate you until the end of the ceremony. Your official graduation does not occur until you complete the UDC Official Alumni Oath.
- Pictures will only be allowed to be taken in designated areas.
- Once the ceremony is over, you can meet your family and friends in the Lobby of Hall C of the Convention Center.
- Evacuation from Hall C will be enforced immediately following the ceremony.
Congratulations on your achievement!!! We are proud of you!!!
The Commencement Committee