email@example.com | 202.274.5060 | 202.274.6060
8:30 to 5 Mon – Fri (extended hours during Registration)
UDC FAFSA School Code: 007015
Physical Address and Walk-in Assistance
|4200 Connecticut Ave. NW|
Bldg. 39, Suite A-111
Washington, DC 20008
|801 North Capital St. NE|
3rd Fl, Room 305
Washington, DC 20002
Purchasing Books through Follett Bookstore
Eligible Financial Aid Recipients
Eligible financial aid recipients may purchase their books directly from the Follett Bookstore at either the Flagship Campus or Community College. In general, book authorizations are available the week before class until the last day to drop and add. Financial aid recipients that have a credit balance after tuition and fees, are eligible to purchase books. To be eligible, aid recipients must have completed the following:
- Accepted the financial aid award offer and registered for classes for the Semester. Students waiting for an award offer, MUST wait 48 hours after they have accepted their award before an authorization is made to purchase books.
- You have “Authorized” on your completed “Title IV Authorization Form” that you agree to use the funds to purchase books.
- You are not on Financial Aid Suspension or any status that prevents your funds from being authorized.
- You have determined you have a credit balance by subtracting your tuition and fee charges from your financial aid award.
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE ON ANY OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR MYUDC STUDENT PORTAL at http://my.udc.edu. You may use any of the Kiosk stations in the Student Services Reception Area of Building 39, Level A to access this information. Students may visit the Financial Aid Office for assistance however, be advised, there may be a long waiting line during the peak registration rush at the beginning of each semester.
Obtaining Books from the Follett Bookstore
- Once YOU have determined your eligibility, proceed to the Follett Bookstore to purchase your books and supplies.
- You MUST have a valid UDC student ID to purchase books. No Other Form of ID will be Accepted.
- You may only purchase books and supplies up to your authorized award amount. You may not purchase items that are not related to your education at UDC.
- The charges will immediately be posted to your student account and charged against your financial aid award after the transaction is complete.
Bookstore Purchase Restrictions
Students are restricted to book and supply purchases related to their current semester and program of study. Federal student aid recipients may not use their bookstore authorization to purchase books for other students or for items that are not educationally related. Examples of these items would include cell-phones, expensive headphones, DVD’s or music videos.
Students with excessive charges and purchases that are not related to their program of study may have their authorization to purchase books using their financial aid funds suspended. Please visit the Financial Aid Office should you have questions.