The mission of the DC-UP Scholars program is to provide students with a holistic educational experience rooted in scholarship, leadership development, and personal/professional growth that prepares them to become competitive responsible global citizens.
The vision of the DC-UP Scholars program is to be the leading scholarship program among colleges/universities in the DC Metropolitan area.
Program Learning Outcomes
- develop a sense of belonging in the university community
- experience higher academic achievement
- increase curricular and co-curricular collaborative interactions with other students, faculty and staff
- more readily achieve the articulated learning outcomes specified by departments or programs
- demonstrate increased awareness of departmental, college, and University resources
- demonstrate improved critical thinking and collaborative problem-solving skills
- demonstrate improved knowledge and skills related to career opportunities
- demonstrate a better understanding of differences and similarities among people
- experience a higher level of satisfaction with the University experience
- show a greater rate of persistence as a result of all of the above.
- Academically enriched classes, stressing critical thinking and written expression
- Increased student-instructor interaction, more frequent association with other academically motivated scholars.
- Easy online registration existing scholars and pre-registration for all incoming scholars
- Priority consideration for admission into the university Honors Program
- Highly engaging and skill building activities both on and off campus
- Success workshop and career readiness sessions
- Consistent and effective coaching session with your assigned Academic Coach