Step-by-Step Guide to UDC Admissions for Re-admit Students
Reapplying to UDC is simple! We only require new transcripts, if you attended any other schools since leaving UDC. Otherwise, submit your application and application fee, and you’re done. See details below for additional information.
UDC Admissions Standards for Re-admit Students
Our admissions team reviews each application for these admissions standards. For full details, read the detailed UDC Admissions Policies.
Returning to the Community College (Associate degree programs):
- Not currently on academic probation or suspension from UDC or at another college or university (There is a two-year waiting period for those who’ve been academically dismissed from their last school.)
Returning to the Flagship University (Bachelor’s degree programs):
- If you previously attended the Community College, you must meet Flagship University admission criteria for transfer students to receive admission to the Flagship University.
Before You Apply
Please review UDC’s readmission and fresh start policies for returning students. If you’re bringing additional college credits back with you, please also read UDC’s transfer credit policies and course equivalency policies for important details on how to ensure you get credit for all of your hard work.
UDC Admissions Process for Returning Students
- Complete the readmission online application.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee ($35 for U.S. undergraduate students).
- Graduates of the Community College automatically receive an application fee waiver (graduates of the Community College automatically receive an application fee waiver).
- Submit college transcript(s) reflecting all course work and grades from all post-secondary institutions attended since leaving UDC, if applicable.
After You Apply
Three days (72 hours) after submitting your application, you can check on the status of your application and supporting documents required for admission. Simply log into UDC’s application system using the same Login ID and PIN # you used to create the application. If you forget your ID or PIN #, please email the Admissions Office (UDCadmissions@udc.edu).
Once you’ve submitted your admissions application, please keep the following in mind:
- UDC cannot make an admission decision until we receive all required documents to complete your application. You’ll find full details on the Apply Now page.
- If you did not pay your application fee by credit card when you submitted your application, please mail an Application Fee Payment Form to the Admissions Office along with a check or money order payable to the University of the District of Columbia.
UDC Office of Recruitment and Admissions
4200 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008
- If you need to update your application or have decided to defer your application to a future academic term, please complete the Application Update Form and email or mail it to the Admissions Office.
If you have any questions about your application, please review the Admissions FAQ before contacting the Office. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact the Office at UDCadmission@udc.edu.
Steps to Enroll, If You’re Accepted to UDC
If you are accepted to UDC, please follow these next steps to confirm your enrollment and to finalize your paperwork and become part of our campus community:
- Complete and submit your Confirmation of Enrollment Form.
- Submit your final high school transcript and pay your application fee, if you have not already done so.
- If you are under 27 years of age, submit your vaccination / health forms.
- Submit your health insurance or insurance waiver forms.
- Apply for residency status (if applicable).
- Register for orientation.
- Apply for financial aid, if you have not already done so.
- Schedule an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER test (Community College students only).
- Review your Transfer Credit Report. If you apply before the priority deadline, you should receive your report three to four weeks after you are admitted. Students who apply after the deadline may not receive their reports until orientation. If you have not received your report, you can contact the Admissions Office.
This is merely an overview. We encourage you review the full details here: Next Steps to Enroll.