All Fall 2013 Students (New, Readmit, Transfer and Continuing)
When do I Enroll/Waive in the Plan?
Open Enrollment Periods: Annual Deadline - 9/14/2013 | Spring/Summer Deadline 1/31/2014 | Summer I Session Deadline 5/1/2014 | Summer II Session Deadline 7/1/2014
The premium for this coverage is added to the student's tuition bill. Students who waive coverage with proof of comparable insurance coverage by the waiver deadline, will see the premium removed from their account.
|How do I Enroll/Waive?|
|To complete the Enrollment or the Waiver process, please go to: www.firststudent.com, click on either the Enroll Now - Health Insurance or the Waive Your School's Health Insurance button and follow the directions.|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS: Open Enrollment Periods for all Dependents and Students: If you have eligible Dependents in the fall or, are a student in the fall semester and eligible to purchase coverage and you choose not to enroll for coverage before the Fall Enrollment Deadline of *September 14, 2013, your Dependents or you, will not be eligible to enroll again until the start of next fall unless you experience a "Life Status" change during the year. A life status change includes marriage, divorce, birth of a child or loss of coverage through no fault of your own (i.e. aging of your parents coverage). If your Dependents or you, experience a "Life Status" change, you must submit proof of the event and enroll within 30 Days of the event, otherwise you will no longer be eligible to enroll for the remainder of the policy year.
* For new Dependents or new students in the spring semester, your open enrollment deadline is January 31, 2014.
* For new Dependents or new students in the summer 1 semester, your open enrollment deadline is May 1, 2014.
* For new Dependents or new students in the summer 2 semester, your open enrollment deadline is July 1, 2014.
Please contact us at email@example.com for cost and enrollment information as a Life Status Change
Please refer to to First Student Website for any additional information.
|Annual||Spring/Summer||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|8/11/13 - 8/10/14||1/6/14 - 8/10/14||4/1/14 - 8/10/14||6/1/14 - 8/10/14|
For concerns or issues regarding Student Health Insurance please call 202.274.5030.
The purpose of the Health Services of the University of the District of Columbia is to assure a healthy campus environment and to promote the individual health of all members of the University community.
· Campus-wide Emergency Response
· Sick Care
· Ambulatory Nursing Care
· Required Immunizations and Clinical Tests
· Health Assessments
· Physical Examinations
· Women’s and Men’s Health Services
· Laboratory and Medication support
· Disease Screening and Counseling
· Vision & Hearing Screening
· Learning and Physical Disability Assessment
· Consultation and Referral Services
· Health Maintenance Support
Director - Jane Darko, RN, MSN
Project Assistant -
Nurse Practitioner - Jane Darko, RN, MSN
Nurse Practitioner - Tracy Edwards, RN, MSN
Medical Assistant - Gloria Newman, CMA
Medical Assistant - Thelma Randolph, CMA