Alumni from all departments of SEAS have gone on to rewarding careers with companies both large and small, and are also found at all levels of government. Many have continued their studies and earned an advanced degree, either from UDC or other prestigious colleges and universities, including Howard, the University of California, Catholic University, George Washington University, University of Maryland and many others.
Some of our alumni include:
- Angel Guerra, Senior Electronics Technician, Tektronix, Inc.
- Dwayne Davis, Senior Electromechanical Technician, Washington, DC Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Hien Nguyen, Electrical Engineer, NASA Goddard Space Center
- James Carter, Maintenance Manager, Trans States Airlines
- James Nabitano, Aviation Maintenance Technician, Trans States Airlines
- Johnnie Smith, Field Engineer in Product Support Dept., Xerox Corp.
- Karen Martin, Systems Engineer in Software Development, AT&T's Bell
- Latonya Lloyd, Engineering Assistant, National Institutes of Health
- Michael Valchera, Aviation Maintenance Technician, Northwest Airlines
- Ngo Chan, Electrical Engineer, BOW Industries
- Robert Denecke, Instructor, Dept. of Engineering & Technology, University of the District of Columbia
- Robert Tolson, Senior Electronics Technician, Virginia Department of Transportation
- Terrance Russell, Technician, Xerox Corporation
- Tyrone Lindsay, Project Engineer in Special Systems Development Manufacturing, Motorola Corp.
- William Posnett, Aviation Maintenance Technician, United Express Airlines
List of Companies:
- AT&T's Bell Laboratories
- Motorola Corp.
- Xerox Corp.
- BOW Industries
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- National Institutes of Health
- Tektronix, Inc.
- Metropolitan Transit Authority
- NASA Goddard Space Center
- Trans States Airlines
- United Express Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
"As a student who started college in my late twenties, I found this school to be a great environment, which provided me with the skills needed in a rapidly changing job market. I secured a job as a programmer months before graduating. "
—Eric Ness, 2007 alumnus
Current Students/alumni to be
“Enrolling in the engineering program is one of the best decisions I ever made. Small class sizes and teacher’s willingness to help make you feel like part of one big family. Women striving to take their education to a higher level should attend this University.”
—Fatou Mbengue, undergraduate student